Best LGA1155 Motherboard for gaming

Lima0-1

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
I'm being handed my brother's old desktop PC, his motherboard is broken so I'll need to get a new one before I can use it normally. He has a 3rd gen i7 (unsure which, but most likely a 3770/K). I want a motherboard that's best for gaming and preferably one that has 2 PCiE slots since I may consider getting another GPU to crossfire. Budget isn't really a concern. I've done some light researching and i'm considering the Asus Maximus V Gene. Links to your recommended Mobo would be greatly appreciated since I don't think you can find them in retail shops anymore. Thanks.

Solution
Get one with a Z68 or Z77 series chipset. Besides that just get one with the features you need.
Crossfire and SLI = waste of money. Better spend the money on a better single GPU.

Now the problem is that those old mobos cost a fortune. You are better of looking for second hand parts.
Example of a decent mobo

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-Z68XP-UD3P ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($203.18 @ Amazon)
Total: $203.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-28 12:09 EDT-0400
Get one with a Z68 or Z77 series chipset. Besides that just get one with the features you need.
Crossfire and SLI = waste of money. Better spend the money on a better single GPU.

Now the problem is that those old mobos cost a fortune. You are better of looking for second hand parts.
Example of a decent mobo

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-Z68XP-UD3P ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($203.18 @ Amazon)
Total: $203.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-28 12:09 EDT-0400

Solution