[SOLVED] Best method of monitoring CPU temperature?

Jul 28, 2019
I just have a quick question about monitoring CPU temps, as I have had some variation - when I view CPU temp in the BIOS from startup, the CPU temp shows to be just over 40 degrees Celsius. However, both HWinfo and CPUID programs show the current CPU temp to be around 32 degrees Celsius. Is the bios temperature more accurate than the programs' temps? And if so, is 40 degrees Celsius a temp I should be concerned about? Thanks!

Solution
MSI afterburner is a great tool no restrictions and free! (that sounds like an ad:LOL:) but the link is here it's an overclocking tool but also allows you to monitor temps (without overclocking the GPU) be sure to turn on the on-screen display option.
MSI afterburner is a great tool no restrictions and free! (that sounds like an ad:LOL:) but the link is here it's an overclocking tool but also allows you to monitor temps (without overclocking the GPU) be sure to turn on the on-screen display option.

Solution
They might be reading from different sensors. For example, the programs might be using overall CPU temp, while the BIOS might be looking at the cores, or vice versa. However, your temps are still within s good range. 75-80°C is typically the CPU ceiling temp.

TRENDING THREADS