[SOLVED] Best monitor 144hz TN for competitive FPS

Feb 5, 2020
Hi, was looking for a 144hz TN panel for competitive FPS. My budget is around 200-250 euros, do you have any tips on the best buy?
Im looking for a monitor that has ZERO ghosting, since i notice it a lot..

Thanks!

Solution
A friend of mine also suggested me this monitor: ASUS VG248QE

Do you know if thats ok? Cause for real im looking for a monitor with ZERO ghosting and ZERO motion blur, and a lot of people saying that this asus has zero ghosting.
Yes, that one is pretty good, it should be pretty similar with the LG. I remember the QZ models had frame skipping issues but the QE has recieved pretty good reviews. Between the two i 'd go for the best price.

P.S.: I went with the LG for mainly 2 reasons: Their support policy and because they are a monitor/tv dedicated company. I do this with all of the products i purchase.
I have the LG 24GM79G-B. Pretty much i believe it's among the best, if not the best, budget 144 hz gaming monitor with TN panel. I ve never tested it's "1ms Motion Blur Reduction" mode (which eliminates totally ghosting even at very high frames with rally games) since i ve never experienced ghosting with this monitor. I ve tried NFS and Dirt Rally with this mode and it's totally ghosting free. For fps games it simply does everything you need. Remember that you will have to spend some time with calibration. Especially gamma has to be finely tuned. You can see a review here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm6wF6IoT9o

Feb 5, 2020
I have the LG 24GM79G-B. Pretty much i believe it's among the best, if not the best, budget 144 hz gaming monitor with TN panel. I ve never tested it's "1ms Motion Blur Reduction" mode (which eliminates totally ghosting even at very high frames with rally games) since i ve never experienced ghosting with this monitor. I ve tried NFS and Dirt Rally with this mode and it's totally ghosting free. For fps games it simply does everything you need. Remember that you will have to spend some time with calibration. Especially gamma has to be finely tuned. You can see a review here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm6wF6IoT9o

I play fps at competitive level, and im very fast with my mouse, so basically i have very fast scene, did you try moving very fast? Does it get zero ghosting and no motion blur? Cause im very sensitive to it..

Feb 5, 2020

Do you know if thats ok? Cause for real im looking for a monitor with ZERO ghosting and ZERO motion blur, and a lot of people saying that this asus has zero ghosting.

Last edited:

Yes, that one is pretty good, it should be pretty similar with the LG. I remember the QZ models had frame skipping issues but the QE has recieved pretty good reviews. Between the two i 'd go for the best price.

P.S.: I went with the LG for mainly 2 reasons: Their support policy and because they are a monitor/tv dedicated company. I do this with all of the products i purchase.

Reactions: ImSte
Solution
Feb 5, 2020

Sorry man one last thing, cause that asus is pretty old, so i found this: AOC G2590PX
What do you think about this one? It has a lot of good reviews, it seems pretty good

Sorry man one last thing, cause that asus is pretty old, so i found this: AOC G2590PX
What do you think about this one? It has a lot of good reviews, it seems pretty good
Looks pretty solid. You can compare some features here:
https://www.gpucheck.com/monitor/24-lg-24gm79g?lang=en&currency=usd

Reactions: ImSte