[SOLVED] Best monitor choices currently?

rambo244

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
USA

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
GAMES AND MOVIES

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
Not sure on what resolution but screen size around 27-32 - I only play RuneScape and league of legends on my pc but since I hook my Xbox series x up to the monitor as well I’d love to grab a 4K monitor to have that capablility for the Xbox where I play my more demanding games.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
No clue honestly. Whatever would be best for my intended uses.

5. How much are you looking to spend?
$700 -$1000

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
I tend to like Samsung / asus but open to others.

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
NA

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
I MIGHT buy 2 - currently I have 2 monitors and in between just upgrading my main screen and upgrading both...

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
Not sure - but currently have a dual monitor setup

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
HMDI
11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
This will be an upgrade for my primary display - but if it’s super amazing I might end up upgrading both my screens as I’ve have them for many years and it’s time for an upgrade.

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
No

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My current main display is an old Samsung hdmi 32 inch 720p hdtv haha - and my other is a 20 inch or so from acer from about 8 years ago that I believe is 1080p... I just want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck... and seeing if there is a consensus with the pros (you guys) on a best monitor for my price range haha - thanks a lot!

Solution
you should decide first if you want it more for movies & console or for PC gaming use.
and even then there are far too many options to ask such a broad question. you've only narrowed it down to about 400 monitors and 50 TVs that have come out in a recent time frame.

once you've narrowed it down, come back and ask which is the best option.

for a monitor;
go to a retail site like Newegg, put in your preferred options in the search pane and pick ones you like.

for a TV;
do the same at Best Buy.com
and also do some Google searches for best gaming TVs.
you should decide first if you want it more for movies & console or for PC gaming use.
and even then there are far too many options to ask such a broad question. you've only narrowed it down to about 400 monitors and 50 TVs that have come out in a recent time frame.

for a monitor;
go to a retail site like Newegg, put in your preferred options in the search pane and pick ones you like.

for a TV;

Solution

rambo244

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013

for a monitor;

for a TV;

I run a duel set up
Maybe I’ll do 1 of each for best of both worlds

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
Not sure - but currently have a dual monitor setup
one piece of advice before you do more searching;
find out what GPU and other components you have before you decide what resolution(s) you want.
to run average PC games at 2K or 4K with decent settings at a good frame rate you need a pretty powerful setup.

Reactions: rambo244