Best Motherboards

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Very lame article... You give the user a handful of MB's and call them the 'Best'. Why not give the user the full spectrum of MB's, provide all the relevant details and let the user decide what's 'Best' for their uses? For Pete's sake, you don't have even ONE x470 or x570 for AMD.

Dr. Pabst must be shitting himself.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Very lame article... You give the user a handful of MB's and call them the 'Best'. Why not give the user the full spectrum of MB's, provide all the relevant details and let the user decide what's 'Best' for their uses? For Pete's sake, you don't have even ONE x470 or x570 for AMD.

Dr. Pabst must be shitting himself.
Products are rated "best" based on their beating other products in the review process.

The article has exactly one X470 and one X570 motherboard, so you're not even being truthful:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-motherboards,3984-2.html
Did you just glance at Page 1 and reply?

When you say "full spectrum", you're asking us to recommend a product that has not been reviewed. I'm sure Dr. Pabst would shun that notion.

Last edited:

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Here are the best motherboards for Intel and AMD’s top processors. These boards offer great features, overclocking performance and pricing.

Best Motherboards : Read more
I think that maybe you should quantify how you determine "Best". You manage to leave out ASUS entirely from the Intel selection and Gigabyte gets a no-show in the AMD selection.

I have said this before and I will repeat it until finally Tom's staff gets it. Review, benchmark, whatever, but present the users with facts and let them determine what best suits their needs. Your "Best" selection isn't best for me, in almost every aspect. Dr. Pabst must be shaking his head....

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think that maybe you should quantify how you determine "Best". You manage to leave out ASUS entirely from the Intel selection and Gigabyte gets a no-show in the AMD selection.

I have said this before and I will repeat it until finally Tom's staff gets it. Review, benchmark, whatever, but present the users with facts and let them determine what best suits their needs. Your "Best" selection isn't best for me, in almost every aspect. Dr. Pabst must be shaking his head....
There's a good reason Asus isn't represented in the Intel section. And Gigabyte was the top X399 board in the AMD section until today.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Why no B450 ATX boards? I built a Ryzen 5 3600 system with a MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard. Excellent motherboard with all the right features at a great price (I got the board when they still cost $99).

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
I see the obvious problem of the Mini ITX X570 being listed as Mid-Priced rather than Mini ITX, but it still belongs there. Most of the boards are ATX or larger, so I don't see the problem.

I had an old AM2 micro ATX board and i could not put a hand me down GPU in it, (R9 270) because then i lost the SATA connections. It has soured me on anything but ATX when i have an ATX case.

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
That's fine, but not everyone has an ATX case, and your problem wasn't caused by the form factor.
i would disagree as the condensed surface area of my mobo caused the SATA cables to be right where the GPU goes and instead of to the side they go off the front of the motherboard. Maybe i don't need to worry about modern small form factor motherboards but it has soured me. Plus with M.2 becoming the de facto standard i am sure people will want full size ATX boards to get 2+ sockets.

Darr247

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Please add the quantity of M.2 sockets to your stats for each board.

The latest reviews I saw list the # of NVMe supported... M.2 is NVMe, no? (that's M-key... chips up, contacts facing away from you, M-key slot is on the right; B-key slot is on the left. Of course, B+M is SATA, not NVMe... and SATA B+M drive won't fit in NVMe socket.)

Status
Not open for further replies.