[SOLVED] Best OBS Studio Settings For 5 mbps Internet

Solution
I'll try that but my kbps also goes below 1000 on the screen and when i stream at youtube , youtube says bitrate is not at 2500
Are you trying to watch your stream on youtube while you are streaming?
That will not work, it doubles your requirements in bandwidth if not even more.
Either stream to youtube and watch the stream after a while when youtube has finished transcoding it or just record to your disk and see if it is smooth.

If you have 5mbps download maximum then your upload will not be enough to stream anything, you will have to record and upload the videos afterwards.
What are the best settings for 5 mbps internet at 1280 x 720
i tried all the default settings but say encoding overloaded
If it says that it means that your CPU can't handle the encoding so use the lowest settings possible and work your way up.
If you have any GPU you can use qsv(intel) or nvenc(nvidia) so that the GPU does the coding and the CPU can relax.There is an extra version of OBS that is for AMD cards.

Feb 24, 2015
If it says that it means that your CPU can't handle the encoding so use the lowest settings possible and work your way up.
If you have any GPU you can use qsv(intel) or nvenc(nvidia) so that the GPU does the coding and the CPU can relax.There is an extra version of OBS that is for AMD cards.
I'll try that but my kbps also goes below 1000 on the screen and when i stream at youtube , youtube says bitrate is not at 2500

Last edited:
Either stream to youtube and watch the stream after a while when youtube has finished transcoding it or just record to your disk and see if it is smooth.

If you have 5mbps download maximum then your upload will not be enough to stream anything, you will have to record and upload the videos afterwards.

Solution
Feb 24, 2015

i view it on the live dashboard of youtube.
recording is smooth but streaming i don't know.
yup. Download is at 5 mbps while upload is at 1 mbps