[SOLVED] Best Place to store USB Flash drives

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Is there a Best place to store USB Flash drives? right now i gently place them in a old CD/DVD zip up type case thing underneath my tv stand, and get one out when i need it either for Windows 10 Clean installs at times, repair, or UEFI bios flashing on 1 Custom Built PC that has that type of bios updates, whereas my HP Laptop has a downloadable exe, and run that, and it updates the bios autoly on t hat system after restart.

Had 1 Drive die not long ago, why i'm kinda not using them to store any old data anymore, and instead using them for portable utilites, and such

Solution
They are fairly indestructible with the environment. I keep 1 in my pocket almost all the time and has been thru the wash several times, just like it's predecessors. LoL.
I have a binder with a ziplock freezer bag in it with a bunch in there (40+). I tape a flash drive to the inside bottom of PC's I build as a "factory" restore disk . There's probably 1 or 2 on my dresser, another couple on my office desk and 3 or 4 in the desk drawer...

In other words (and IMO) - keep them where you need them and with whatever you need on them.

popatim

Titan
They are fairly indestructible with the environment. I keep 1 in my pocket almost all the time and has been thru the wash several times, just like it's predecessors. LoL.
I have a binder with a ziplock freezer bag in it with a bunch in there (40+). I tape a flash drive to the inside bottom of PC's I build as a "factory" restore disk . There's probably 1 or 2 on my dresser, another couple on my office desk and 3 or 4 in the desk drawer...

In other words (and IMO) - keep them where you need them and with whatever you need on them.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Every good quality USB drive I have purchased have been exceptionally rugged. I have one I have washed and dried a few times by accident. The only failure of any kind I have ever had with one was with super duper cheapo ones. Most often they showed that failure nearly right away.
I carry a 2GB "credit card" type in my wallet every single day for the past three years and it works fine.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Well maybe just was unlucky or old drive that just finally kicked the bucket, and i worried over nothing lol. Try to purchase quality ones when i do buy them, so hopefully rest of these are quality, and continue working fine