Best processor for multi-tasking user of Lightroom and Word/Ecel/PPT/browsing

mRoy62

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
So I mainly use Lightroom on my PC. However I often have multiple other programs running as well: Word, Excel, PPT and browser with multiple tabs... Is the I6700k better for this or the 5820?

Solution
Lightroom runs better in develop tab with higher mhz...and better importing/exporting with more cores...im a professional photographer and just built my own system ...i use lightroom 90% of the time and everything else including photoshop the other 10%...editing is where i spend my time so i went the 6700k and oc.d it to 4.5ghz...this is right for me...i dont generally multi task when im editing ...if multi tasking is your thing or the bulk of your time is spent not editing go the 5820k

Rangalover

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
Lightroom runs better in develop tab with higher mhz...and better importing/exporting with more cores...im a professional photographer and just built my own system ...i use lightroom 90% of the time and everything else including photoshop the other 10%...editing is where i spend my time so i went the 6700k and oc.d it to 4.5ghz...this is right for me...i dont generally multi task when im editing ...if multi tasking is your thing or the bulk of your time is spent not editing go the 5820k

Solution