Best Processor to upgrade to

Emeral

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
I want to upgrade to a new processor and i was wondering what would be the best one here is my computer specs and by the way im using this computer for gaming the graphics and power supply have been upgraded Graphics card GTX 750 TI super clocked and power supply is corsair CX 500 Power supply HERE :http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-80-plus-bronze-certified-power-supply-black/1305783681.p?id=mp1305783681&skuId=1305783681
Computer specs here :http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02859337

Solution

If this was a regular motherboard I'd would say you have a good chance of it working. At least you could go to the mfr's website and verify if it worked and DL a new BIOS if you needed to. However this is a proprietary motherboard so all bets are off. You need to check with their tech support to see if it will work or your just taking a gamble. A system with these chips won't really run the new games and best suited for internet surfing and some office programs or older games. If you want to play the newest games you need to save and build a more current machine.

utgotye

Admirable
That's a pretty dead end system. The motherboard doesn't seem to support AM3+ CPUs so you will top out at Phenom X6, which are still very capable but can be hard to find and are generally overpriced when you do. Maybe you'll get lucky though.

Wow that is an old chip, the 1st this you should do is call HP Tech support and find out what the upgrade options are for your motherboard. You will probably need to know the revision number for your motherboard. You can ask them if you need it and where to find it. This is a AM3 motherboard so your CPU options will be very limited. It may be better to start saving for a new system instead of trying to upgrade this one since your CPU upgrade options will be very limited.

Emeral

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014

If this was a regular motherboard I'd would say you have a good chance of it working. At least you could go to the mfr's website and verify if it worked and DL a new BIOS if you needed to. However this is a proprietary motherboard so all bets are off. You need to check with their tech support to see if it will work or your just taking a gamble. A system with these chips won't really run the new games and best suited for internet surfing and some office programs or older games. If you want to play the newest games you need to save and build a more current machine.

Solution