[SOLVED] best psu for gtx 1650 super

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 14, 2020
so guys i have a pc with this spec (soory for bad english)

Core i5 2500
Jetway H61 (motherboard)
2x4Gb ram
500 gb hdd
120 gb hdd
GTX 750ti
Armageddon Voltron 235fx 500 watt (PSU)
Alcatroz Casing

so what should i do? or change to make the vga fit in my pc?

Solution
sir did u have any good psu recommendation?
I think as a general rule...Corsair and Seasonic are very good brands.
They do have tiers though.

So for instance...a Corsair CV model is an entry level model....and isn't as good as an Corsair RMx model which is a better unit....but I don't think either are bad units.

I currently run two Corsair RMx units and have had no problems.

Here are two good posts on PSUs.

sir did u have any good psu recommendation?
I think as a general rule...Corsair and Seasonic are very good brands.
They do have tiers though.

So for instance...a Corsair CV model is an entry level model....and isn't as good as an Corsair RMx model which is a better unit....but I don't think either are bad units.

I currently run two Corsair RMx units and have had no problems.

Here are two good posts on PSUs.

Solution

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
All the gurus are saying replace your PSU and you should listen to them. Once you do that you will have your power connection to power up the 1050Ti and it is a pretty nice upgrade from your old 750 alto the GTX 760 is a pretty good card the 750 is a card for people who barely game. The 1050Ti sould serve you well but don't expect fireworks. Also upgrade your RAM to 16GB and get a SSD. Your windows will boot up in 5 to 8 seconds lol and tray apps come up fast. I can't imagine someone using a crummy hard drive still as their primary OS drive now a days. However using External hard drives for backup purposes is a good thing to do. Good Luck.👽👌👍🖐👶

Oct 14, 2020
All the gurus are saying replace your PSU and you should listen to them. Once you do that you will have your power connection to power up the 1050Ti and it is a pretty nice upgrade from your old 750 alto the GTX 760 is a pretty good card the 750 is a card for people who barely game. The 1050Ti sould serve you well but don't expect fireworks. Also upgrade your RAM to 16GB and get a SSD. Your windows will boot up in 5 to 8 seconds lol and tray apps come up fast. I can't imagine someone using a crummy hard drive still as their primary OS drive now a days. However using External hard drives for backup purposes is a good thing to do. Good Luck.👽👌👍🖐👶
i'm already have the ssd sir... so my plan is to buy a new psu, then the vga and last but not least, the ram

Oct 14, 2020
so i have some recommendation from some gurus

Corsair CV
Corsair CX
Corsair RM
Seasonic

Here is my pc spec:
Core i5 2500
Jetway H61 (motherboard)
2x4Gb ram
500 gb hdd
120 gb hdd
GTX 750ti
Armageddon Voltron 235fx 500 watt (PSU)
Alcatroz Casing

and also, i just need the decent (i mean decent is the cheaper price and the watt itself) psu from those brand, i mean i didn't plan to upgrade any hardware other than VGA and the ram itself

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
i'm already have the ssd sir... so my plan is to buy a new psu, then the vga and last but not least, the ram
Good plan my friend. My advice is do the opposite. Get the RAM first and PSU as both are about 70 bucks each, then again if you buy a single matching 8GB stick that will cost like 30 bucks. You have SSD that is great. Then at the end get your video card and enjoy stutter free quick loading maps and a solid 60fps at 1080p at medium settings which is great. Enjoy👶🙈✝🎗🤷‍♀️💯