Best PSUs (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Was this 'article' sponsored by EVGA and Corsair? Not exactly the widest range of brands in you list and there are plenty of good ones not on there such as be Quiet! and Super Flower.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
all the listed EVGA units are made by Super Flower. Also when we have more reviews in our database other PSUs will be listed as well.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015

yes.

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
We've probably reviewed close to 70 PSUs in the past 18 months (I'd have to check that, so don't quote me). Our "Best PSUs" are a summation and further stratification of the best of those we've reviewed. Those listed toward the bottom of the page are all of those which have earned one of our awards, with links to those reviews. We update this page monthly to reflect any new reviews (usually 3 or 4) and awards. At 3 to 4 reviews per month, we're testing PSUs as fast as we can with the incredible depth and complexity that Aris is able to bring to the endeavor.

I know not all worthy units can always make this list. Though, fwiw, Antec's HCP platinum series should likely be right up there with the best of them (or at least receive an honorable mention somewhere, even if only in the comments). Delta being the OEM for the line, and the quality of these units being top tier according to several reliable reviewers (Tom's also places these units in the top psu tier as well iirc, last I looked), also come with a 7 year warranty iirc.

Agron_2

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
What about heat output? Which of the PSUs is generating the least heat? It would be nice if you just put a thermometer behind the PSU just to measure by how many degrees is the air hotter than the environment.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
I have a thermal probe right at the exhaust of the PSU (and another one at the intake) just for this reason. Also the efficiency of each PSU clearly shows the thermal load on each test.

RobertCHS

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
I prefer Corsair PSUs. I am using a 750 in my build. I personally prefer fully Modular because it helps with cable management

CHS Tech Solutions
chstechsolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.