Best PSUs (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy_w

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
It takes a lot of courage to give a novice opinion when you're a novice. First, I congratulate "Tom's Hardware" for their involvement and contribution to the AC-DC (analog certainty-digital confusion) world of computing hardware. I like that they probably didn't leave out a single mfr.from their list. Second, I like that they covered all price, value and performance points. I like that they listed "cons' for their selection of "best" power supplies. There are "cons" at every price point and plenty of them. It makes me wonder just what the "best" really means!...particularly in light of spending $400.00 dollars. I wish there were some "bests" in the sub 400 watt range. I believe (maybe mistakenly so) that mfr's will be (are) anxious to sell off these Hi Watt juice making heat pumps due to changes in GPU technology as well as new high quality board graphics. Lastly, I like that Tom's and the author didn't include a single non-rotating solid state unit in the bunch. I would really like to see some "bests" in that upcoming article. Signing off, I am truly the dinosoar...landing.

Agha Khan2

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
According to your own reviews the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 beats out the FSP AURUM PT 1000FM in both relative performance and performance per dollar. So...how is the FSP the best again?

hqxt1964

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Thanks to "Tom's hardware", it really taught me a lot of knowledge.The 4000-750 watts power supply should be the most widely used, and the office system even requires a large number of 250-350 watts of power supply.It will be very meaningful to not know whether "Tom's hardware" can be targeted to do some horizontal comparison evaluation and recommendation.Thank you very much for your work!

vrahul342

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
i hv Intel i7 6700k processor
16 gb ram of g.skill ripjaws
evga gddr5 gt730 2gb as gpu (however, i m going to upgrade it to gtx 1060)

PLEASE RECOMMEND ME A PSU WHICH WILL BE ABLE TO RUN MY UPCOMING GPU....I can feel these days what is the need for a better psu...althpugh i hv i 7 6700k still my pc is slow..i had 8 gb ram in starting i thought i should make it 16 gb to make my pc fast bt it didnt helped now i understamd its my 450w psu problem..like u said "more is better" is not the case here.....so plzz tell the best psu i can hv for my pc

bermayne

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
The VS500 was added at the top of the list just a few days ago. Good to see someone take it down because you are spreading misinformation of the VS series being good.

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 buy link is STILL linked to a MacBook on Amazon. It's only been 4 months since UKKO posted it so maybe I'm expecting too much from a "tech" site.

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Did PSU prices jump with GPU prices? I got my Corsair CX850M for $50 at a retailer in 2016 and now it's almost triple the price.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015

Yes they did, unfortunately.

It's not that the CX850M is more expensive now, it's that you got it dirt cheap when you did get it. MSRP on the CX850M has ALWAYS been $129.99. They cost more than $50 to build. Selling it that cheap is selling it at a loss.

It's not that the CX850M is more expensive now, it's that you got it dirt cheap when you did get it. MSRP on the CX850M has ALWAYS been $129.99. They cost more than $50 to build. Selling it that cheap is selling it at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.