[SOLVED] Best Quiet Case

Feb 3, 2019
I'm looking to start a new PC build, this time, with silence being my main goal. I've heard lots of different things about lots of different models, but overall, which PC case is going to get me the least possible sound while offering the best possible airflow at an affordable price?

Solution
Use fan gromets or rubber/silicone mounting screws and make sure you can adjust the speed to the fans. So either make sure you have the motherboard connectors to do that or use a fan controller. Than you can get a case with good airflow and dial down the fans till their inaudible.

PSU make sure their quiet. A little work you can find a quiet cpu fan and/or fine tune it in the bios to not go too high of a rpm so you can’t hear it. GPU may require new paste to help temps, and possibly aftermarket heat sink or fine tuning the fan to not go too high unless it has too.

Avoid mechanical HDD and use SDD to avoid mechanical noise.

Most things don’t require special equipment to get most of the noise reduction, just fine tuning. Noise...

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Use fan gromets or rubber/silicone mounting screws and make sure you can adjust the speed to the fans. So either make sure you have the motherboard connectors to do that or use a fan controller. Than you can get a case with good airflow and dial down the fans till their inaudible.

PSU make sure their quiet. A little work you can find a quiet cpu fan and/or fine tune it in the bios to not go too high of a rpm so you can’t hear it. GPU may require new paste to help temps, and possibly aftermarket heat sink or fine tuning the fan to not go too high unless it has too.

Avoid mechanical HDD and use SDD to avoid mechanical noise.

Most things don’t require special equipment to get most of the noise reduction, just fine tuning. Noise reduction and best airflow usually don’t go together as you need an more open case for airflow which leaks noise and vice versa.

I pretty much did what I described above for my wife’s computer an it’s inaudible unless you put your head within a foot of it you can hear a faint noise. I didn’t use the fan gromets as I bought ones that didn’t work but I did have control of the fan speeds if I remember correctly.

Solution