Best QUIET H80i Fan Replacement?

Jul 27, 2013
Hey Guys!

For my first build, I'm using a Corsair H80i to cool my i7 4930k. It's been a few months and everything is great, temps are low, but the fans on it are just so loud! They have this constant whining. I'm using the CM Storm Stryker case which stock fans did not make nearly the amount of noise I expected, but at least its just the sound of moving air. The H80i's fans have an actual whine to them (if you happen to remember the sound of the original Xbox, imagine that). So my question. Is there a way to fix this without purchasing new fans? If not, what are the best fans to replace these with quiet being priority? I'm not overclocking.

Thanks a ton guys!

Solution

If you're looking for BEST QUITE Fan then I think Corsair coolers are...
Surprised to read this. Anyhow, Make the physical inspection of the fan. Check for broken/bend blade. You can't check the bearing. So following options are available to you:

Noctua 14 series 120mm fan (Best choice).
Corsair SP-120mm High Performance Fans (Quiet Edition are not for use on rad)

what you really want to do is find a fan that has better CFM (pushes more air) and does more RPM (faster spinning fan), while still having a lower dB rating (quietness) than the current fan. run the specs of the fan you are considering against the fan you already have, im sure you can find the specs online or in the manual/on the box it came in. suggestions are great, but still run those suggestions against the fan you have the way i mentioned. and it clearly should be a PWM fan.

boyagin

Honorable
May 27, 2013

If you're looking for BEST QUITE Fan then I think Corsair coolers are not what you wanna look for. Take a look at this graph.

index.php

index.php

For more details, read here http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/cpu_cooler_roundup_2013_q1_review,9.html

I've heard people saying that the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme is better than h100i and cheaper, but I have no idea about its noise level.

Solution

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
My favorite choice for a good balance between noise and performance is the Cougar Vortex line. I have like 8 of the black PWM ones, and they've been mounted as case fans, HSF fans, radiator fans, and they always leave me satisfied with their overall performance and quality.

Your current fan with H80i has 2700 RPM with 77 CFM and Fan Noise 37.68 dBA.

Noctua 12 series fans will provide high air flow at noise level 18.6 dBA and speeds of upto 1500 RPM. This can be further improved with their 14/15 series fans although 15 series fans have been heard giving noise level not as per the Noctua's standard.