Question Best ram for my PC

Jan 1, 2020
Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I have a B360M Aorus Gaming 3. Looking to add around 16gb of ram.

I currently have 8gb of DDR4 3000and I’m unsure if I have to buy the same kind of ram or if I can buy just any other at random?

Sorry if this is a noob question it’s just I’ve never built my own pc before.

Thanks,
Josh

Jan 1, 2020
I currently have -

“Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR4-3000 UDIMM Memory”

would I not be able to just add something like-

Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C16 XMP 2.0

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
When you are buying another stick of ram to utilize dual channel, make sure the ram speeds and the ram timings match. I would buy the same ram stick from the same brand, but you could buy a ram sticks with the same specs from a different manufacturer.

Jan 1, 2020
When you are buying another stick of ram to utilize dual channel, make sure the ram speeds and the ram timings match. I would buy the same ram stick from the same brand, but you could buy a ram sticks with the same specs from a different manufacturer.

Would it be okay if I just added this?

Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C16 XMP 2.0

Endre

Reputable
Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I have a B360M Aorus Gaming 3. Looking to add around 16gb of ram.

I currently have 8gb of DDR4 3000and I’m unsure if I have to buy the same kind of ram or if I can buy just any other at random?

Sorry if this is a noob question it’s just I’ve never built my own pc before.

Thanks,
Josh

Best choice is:
Replacing your RAM module with a kit of 2 modules.

Second best choice is:
Buying an identical module to the one that you already have.
(Keep in mind that in this case it’s not guaranteed to work 100%, especially when using XMP profiles).

Jan 1, 2020
Best choice is:
Replacing your RAM module with a kit of 2 modules.

Second best choice is:
Buying an identical module to the one that you already have.
(Keep in mind that in this case it’s not guaranteed to work 100%, especially when using XMP profiles).

I’ve bought 2x8gb is it not possible for me to have all 3 in at once or will it be best to take the original ram out and keep these two new ones?

Endre

Reputable
I’ve bought 2x8gb is it not possible for me to have all 3 in at once or will it be best to take the original ram out and keep these two new ones?

Now, that you’ve already bought the kit, you can do an experiment and try both setups and test them with synthetic benchmarks:
  1. with the kit of 2 modules only;
  2. with the kit of 2 modules combined with your old RAM.

Make sure your RAM works in dual channel mode.
I’d, personally, sell the old module.