[SOLVED] Best Ram for Ryzen 5 2600?

ostitcho

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I currently have 16gb Patriot 2233 OC to 2400. I am reading you get decent fps improvement with over 3000. I have an Asus Strix rgb gamers republic Mobo. I am wanting to find some good ram worth the upgrade 16 or 32gb is fine.

Solution
I'd look at the verified compatibility tests at assorted speeds for your mainboard, perhaps you can find a set of 3200 MHz modules that 'usually' work with 'most' B350F boards...(RAM speeds were not as certain in the B350 and 2000-series Ryzen days, but, most were quite happy when/if achieving 3200 MHz)

Lutfij

Titan
Dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kits while on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard is the route to take.

Asus Strix rgb gamers republic Mobo
Please elaborate on the model of your Asus motherboard. Asus have a vast portfolio under the ROG/Strix moniker, which board do you have exactly? Might also want to parse a link to the ram kits you're looking at.

ostitcho

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kits while on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard is the route to take.

Asus Strix rgb gamers republic Mobo
Please elaborate on the model of your Asus motherboard. Asus have a vast portfolio under the ROG/Strix moniker, which board do you have exactly? Might also want to parse a link to the ram kits you're looking at.
The MoBo is a B350-F. Do you have any recommendations for any specific RAM? I was thinking may the Corsair Vengeance LPX. I want to get something higher than 3200 incase I am able to upgrade in the future to something that can use the higher frequency. I apologize for the late reply I have been in and out of the hospital.

I'd look at the verified compatibility tests at assorted speeds for your mainboard, perhaps you can find a set of 3200 MHz modules that 'usually' work with 'most' B350F boards...(RAM speeds were not as certain in the B350 and 2000-series Ryzen days, but, most were quite happy when/if achieving 3200 MHz)

Solution