Best Rig For Programming (Windows Application)

Santarkantos

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
Can anyone suggest me the best rig for programming (Windows Application) and would i7 6700k would be a good choice for it?

Solution

What issues are you seeing with your current system? It's has normal specs for a decent computer. Maybe some more RAM and a solid state hard drive would help speed it up a bit.
An i7 for non-video renedering or compiling large applications is overkill.

You can do programming on just about any system made in the last 10 years, but it depends on exactly what you want to do and what applications you are working in.

I would look at a mid-range system with a good keyboard and screen over just picking a CPU. An i5 with 8 gig of RAM or even an i3 would be fine for many uses.

Santarkantos

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
Thanks for the answer "Moderator" currently i was looking for a PC which would work smoothly on development of Windows application. My current PC configuration is

i3 530
2.93@ghz
4th Generation
4gb RAM

What issues are you seeing with your current system? It's has normal specs for a decent computer. Maybe some more RAM and a solid state hard drive would help speed it up a bit.

Solution

Santarkantos

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
my current problem is that my system lags frequently even after a complete format of Hard Disk. Even the RAM usage doesn't go above 2.5GB still my computer works like a snail on a beach.

You may have a bad hard drive, with your specs the system should work pretty well, although that also depends on what you are running on it.