Hello,
I have a cyberpowerpc computer, specs are:
CPU ryzen 3 2300x
GPU radeon rx 560
MOBO Asrock A320 m-hdv r40
RAM 8gb
PSU 600 watt
STORAGE 250gb SSD

I cam play mimecraft and other small games fine, but it has a really hard time playing ark, what would be the best route to upgrade to be able to play it smoothly? Looking to see which parts i can replace that are in a small budget.. any advice?

Solution
When it comes to gaming upgrading your GPU is always the best way to go. A 1660 Super would be a decent upgrade at an affordable price and should be able to handle Ark at 60 FPS 1080p at High settings. Though if you were planning on getting into bigger AAA game titles in the future, I recommend you save up for current-gen low tier cards. The 3060 Ti for example is only 400$ USD for RTX 2080 level performance, meanwhile the 1660 Super is 210-230$ USD. It's up to you, a 1660 Super isn't a bad choice either and right now 3060Ti's are pretty hard to find currently.
When it comes to gaming upgrading your GPU is always the best way to go. A 1660 Super would be a decent upgrade at an affordable price and should be able to handle Ark at 60 FPS 1080p at High settings. Though if you were planning on getting into bigger AAA game titles in the future, I recommend you save up for current-gen low tier cards. The 3060 Ti for example is only 400$ USD for RTX 2080 level performance, meanwhile the 1660 Super is 210-230$ USD. It's up to you, a 1660 Super isn't a bad choice either and right now 3060Ti's are pretty hard to find currently.

Reactions: Danaan Wayman
Solution

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I believe your GPU supports integer scaling, enable it and you may have to do a custom resolution of half your native resolution. What it will do is double the pixels so it’s not a blurry mess like typical upscaling on a computer will do but it will be more pixelated. I tested it out a little on some games benchmarks, it’s not what you would call a pretty solution but it works.

GPU prices are a bit crazy right now, I bought a rx570 used for $90 shipped to me 6 weeks ago. And right now I can sell the GPU it replaced a 1050gtx for $100 Instead of the $50 it was going for at the time. All the other cards you normally use for gaming is also inflated, so try this first before deciding you need to buy a new card if your on a budget.

Reactions: Danaan Wayman

adam19255

Respectable
Dec 13, 2018
So the cpu ram and stuff is fine? And with a stronger GPU the 600w PSU will do fine?
If you have a big enough budget you can upgrade everything, if you get by with what you have for now and only want better fps in games the GPU is the most important thing to get, you can upgrade down the line and get another 8GB of ram (if your motherboard has a free slot).
600W for this setup is more than enough no need to worry.