Best RPG games

Status
Not open for further replies.

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
My top 2 are... NOBODY CRITIZES ALSO PLEASE COMMENT :)

1. Kingdom Hearts 1: Best story a game can EVER have, great gameplay and I cried at some points of Sora a Kairi, I cried at the ending of Kingdom Hearts because it was all over.

2. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Great gameplay and AMAZING story, loved the fact that each character had a different plot. My favorite handheld game PSP FTW!

Kingdom Hearts 1 is what made the PS2 to me. I mean the game was PERFECT in every aspect. But the cons about Kingdom Hearts 1 was the camera it SUCKED lol

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Had the good gameplay and AMAZING graphics like KH2 but Had the GOOD story of KH1.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
You know... not that I want to rain on your parade... just watched some gameplay video, this Kingdom Hearts you're so excited about. Oh well... what year was that released? Cause it looks so early 90's, and the game mechanics, oh boy.

There are a lot of very good RPG's, and much more good looking, and also with great stories. You should really try and get a PC for playing real RPG's; consoles' RPG's... a long way to go, and probably it won't even get there.

And you don't have to cry when a game ends, you can just replay it and try different actions, quests, directions, anything, if the game has replayability, of course.

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

Kingdom Hearts 1 was made in 2002. But of course judge by graphics because that is how it is these days.

Also this has nothing to do with RPG games. Just that your critizing my opinion you ignorant child. Play it. It's a amazing game can't judge a game by graphics, but by the gameplay and story. Kingdom Hearts 1 won game of the year for 2002. Dude post your comment in best graphics not here. Buy a ps2 get the game. Then you will understand why It's my favorite RPG.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Of course I am criticizing (that's how's it's actually spelled, not "critizing" anyway), do you want always people to agree with you?

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

Considering how old the game is, It stills looks good today.

Best Overall Game:

Kingdom Hearts
Publisher: Square-EA
Developer: SquareSoft

It was a highly debated subject in the office as to which game would make it to the top of our most-wanted lists. Graphics, Presentation, Innovation, Gameplay, Potential, and a myriad of other factors were all discussed and revisited a million times over (or, at least, a lot). But when all was said and done, the upcoming RPG release Kingdom Hearts shone through as the game we wanted the most.

Blending an excellent storyline with fantastic visuals and musical fare, this realtime RPG is arguably the first true "non-Final Fantasy" masterpiece to come out of Square since Chrono Trigger. Deep and involving, the adventures of Sora, Donald, and Goofy are something that IGNPS2 can't wait to tackle; a beautiful well-rounded game to be sure.

Best of e3 2002. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqJkuoHRc8

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
KotoR (I more than II but I still liked II quite a lot) - Story, gameplay, consequences, zomgwtfbubblegum twist.
Morrowind - Massive game, lots of skills, quite a deep story, lots of items, different combat (ranged, magic, melee) oh and now some beast graphics overhauls.
Fallout - Just awesome.
WoW - Yeah I know debatable but lots of classes, good lore, big game, reasonable PvP but it can be boring and repetitive.
Jade Empire - So simple but just a great game imo.
Fable - Story, combat, items, questing..... just great.

I've heard these are good so I'm going to try to get them/play them some time:
Diablo II (have it, haven't played).
Mass Effect - ^
FF VII - I hear it's teh epix.
Dragon Age - Again, i hear it's a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.