[SOLVED] Best rtx 2070 super

sagmani

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Putting together a gaming PC i7 9700k as far as GPU I am choosing MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x would this be a good option if not please advise what is your recommendations thank you

I would go with evga but thats just me. My 2080 ti says its boosts to 1755 but will actually boost to 2021Mhz. The RTX cards as long as they keep the temps down and within voltage usage will boost as much as it can, far surpassing what they rate them at.

The MSI Gaming X series is very good and this version of the RTX 2070 Super does a great job of cooling and at the same time keeping quiet and it is fairly cost effective. All the majors like ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte do a good job dependant on the version and price point but overall this is a very good GPU.

Reactions: sagmani
If you are in the USA, then IMO, THIS is the card you want, unless you feel like it's worth spending 40-80 bucks more for a card with a 15mhz, yes, 15mhz, faster boost clock. I don't. This is the best card in terms of clocks, quality, cooling and MOST important, more than any of these other things, customer service AFTER the sale. If you have never had to deal with a company on an RMA, and either pulled out all your hair or was ready to go on a murderous rampage, then you might not understand why that part is so important but, I assure you, it is, if you ever have to. Fortunately, their cards are very well made and it is rare to have to use their RMA process but when you do, you will be glad that you are not dealing with ASUS or MSI, or some even lesser brand.

I think for the 20 series RTX cards, the XC Ultra gaming is the card to look at for every tier.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($533.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $533.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-23 14:11 EDT-0400

Reactions: sagmani

sagmani

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
After doing a more thorough research on line, I am finelizing the list down to:
  1. gigabyte rtx 2070 super gaming oc 3x
  2. MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x
  3. msi rtx 2070 super gaming x trio

Every card, for any given series, is going to USUALLY, barring any monumental problems with a specific card like we've seen recently in reviews of the THICC cards, perform within about five percent of any other card within the series so long as cooling isn't an issue. For 99% of cards, as long as there is sufficient case airflow, it isn't.

So, that being said, product support becomes pretty much the biggest factor and selling point aside from whether or not the card will even fit your case, and in that area, I think if we are going to exclude EVGA, then MSI is going to beat out Gigabyte in the area of support after the sale. That is not to say that Gigabyte has "poor" support, but I've found their product support to not be as friendly or fast as MSI, and MSI seems to have a better global presence as far as I can tell as well. There are some regions where Gigabyte seems not to be in that market at all, whereas MSI is pretty much worldwide.

sagmani

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Every card, for any given series, is going to USUALLY, barring any monumental problems with a specific card like we've seen recently in reviews of the THICC cards, perform within about five percent of any other card within the series so long as cooling isn't an issue. For 99% of cards, as long as there is sufficient case airflow, it isn't.

So, that being said, product support becomes pretty much the biggest factor and selling point aside from whether or not the card will even fit your case, and in that area, I think if we are going to exclude EVGA, then MSI is going to beat out Gigabyte in the area of support after the sale. That is not to say that Gigabyte has "poor" support, but I've found their product support to not be as friendly or fast as MSI, and MSI seems to have a better global presence as far as I can tell as well. There are some regions where Gigabyte seems not to be in that market at all, whereas MSI is pretty much worldwide.
So overall performance, reliability, and quality, MSI or gigabyte beside the support?