Question Best settings in NVCP for 4k gaming?

lethal66

Prominent
Feb 10, 2021
Hello there, i recently got a new 4k TV @60hz, and want to start playing games in 4k. I know i can get a stable 60fps because i have a 3070. Thing is i don’t know what are the best settings in nvidia control panel for this. Any ideas?

whether you get stable 60fps will still depend on individual games and the ingame settings used.

a RTX 3070 isn't the best choice for 2160p with higher settings in place and maintaining a steady 60fps.
you will need to disable ray tracing effects and probably enable DLSS when available.

and this is still considering that you have a very nice CPU that can provide enough frames to the GPU to keep a good frame rate,
a power supply that can handle the stress,
memory that can handle the communication between software & hardware,
and a games disk that can provide data at a high enough rate.

without also including the rest of your system specs i would just be assuming that you have all top of the line gaming components.

what are the best settings in nvidia control panel
Nvidia Control Panel Manage 3D Settings doesn't really have much impact unless you turn custom anti-aliasing settings up fairly high.
just leave these particular settings set to be controlled by the application.

everything else have set for highest performance.
the individual options usually have a pretty detailed explanation of their use and the different parameter's impact on image and performance.

Last edited:
Hello there, i recently got a new 4k TV @60hz, and want to start playing games in 4k. I know i can get a stable 60fps because i have a 3070. Thing is i don’t know what are the best settings in nvidia control panel for this. Any ideas?
You'll be able to play a lot of games in 4K with at least 60 FPS, yes, but not all games. Several will not yield 60 FPS at max settings, some not even 40 FPS, like Control.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-founders-edition/30.html

For the most part, game graphics settings will determine the performance, though some games can benefit from tweaks like Prefer Max Performance, Ultra Low Latency Mode, or various Vsync, Max Frame Rate, or Max Frames to Render Ahead options Nvidia Control Panel offers. It really depends on the game. I find PCGamingWiki is an excellent source for such tweaks, as it is an aggregate of 1000's of tweaks PC gamers have found useful, but it narrows them down to the most commonly used ones.

Last edited: