Best Setup for 8 Display Monitor

ijoin

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Hi,
I'm looking for the cheapest way to display my pc to 8 monitors with HDMI port

Mainly used for home monitoring (CCTV monitoring, BUILDING AUTOMATION SYSTEM Viewer LIKE ALARM, IR CAMERA, ETC) so no need for super powerful GPU

So, any cheapest way to do it?

Is it better to use 2 GPUs or use something like x8 monitor Maxtron card from the price view point?

Thanks

wallpleases

Honorable
Sep 21, 2018
Really depends on exactly what you need the displays for. If it's just for video output from cameras etc. and you don't care too much about quality, then you might be able to get away with using a single GPU and then using HDMI splitters and adapters to get 8 HDMI outputs.
This is probably the cheapest solution, but it might slightly worsen the image quality.
The second cheapest solution is probably using 2 GPUs, because in general, as Kanewolf mentioned, 2 generic cards are usually cheaper than 1 specialized GPU.
If you could specify exactly what you are planning on using 8 monitors for then I might be able to suggest another solution.

-WallPlease

kanewolf

Titan

HDMI splitters won't get 8 unique displays. I assume the OP wants 8 unique displays.

ijoin

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Yeah, I need unique display for each monitor

The PC will be used for ISS server for Building Automation System
So it will crunch datas from some CCTV, IR CAMERA, Smoke Detector, etc
Every display will show different module, like monitor 1 will show CCTV data, monitor 2 will show smoke detector data, etc

You can easily install multiple graphics cards to attach your 8 monitors.
But, What I am asking is the nature of these monitors such that you could use individual windows to display the data from each sensor onto one or two
Monitors located at a central monitoring center.

kanewolf

Titan
More typical setups in newer operations centers are 4 to 8 displays on a single large wall monitor with a second to be used as a monitor for areas of interest. The resolution on 60 inch monitors is high enough that a pair of them on the wall can handle everything and be seen by multiple overseers.

ijoin

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ijoin : "8x 4K Monitor Output with HP Prodesk 400 G4 Microtower"

Hi, looking solution for this problem

I use 8x LG UK6300 55" 4K (3840 x 2160 px) Monitor with configuration 4 monitors on the top and the other 4 on the bottom, so it's 2x4 configuration

I must use HP Prodesk 400 G4 Microtower for the PC, since it's our client's request
It will be used for Building Automation System, CCTVs, ISS server for web viewing the sensors, alarms, etc
Every monitor will display each sensor, like monitor A will be used to view smoke sensor, monitor B will be used to view IR sensor, etc

Since the Prodesk 400 G4 only have 1x Display port and 1x VGA, I'm looking for a way to output to 8x monitors efficiently

Solutions like using specially made Maxtron card is not possible since it's not possible to find it here, and to import it from overseas will cost so much (around 3000-4000 USD each in total)
I thought 2 solutions, which is better from the view point's of you guys?

1. Using Quadro Nvidia NVS 810 with 8x Display Port, approximately $1100 USD here, but the problem is, the embedded PSU in the system have no 6 or 6+2 pin cable to power the GPU Card, at this point I still don't know whether NVS 810 need additional power or not

2. Using 2 GPU Cards, but this is limited by the size of the cards can be put into the system and the power drawn directly from the motherboard, the spec sheet states something like this

PCI Express x16 (v3.0)(wired as a x4) 4.2", full height 6.6" length, 35 W max power; PCI Express x16 (v3.0) 4.2" full height, 6.6" length, 75 W max power

So, any idea or other solution? Maybe using adapters?