[SOLVED] best system cleaner

Solution
to scan for uninstalled programs and shortcuts, that kind of thing.
i used a program few years back, cant remember wat its called now, just scans for things i dont need.
You need to be REAL careful with these types of applications.
Often, they do FAR more than what you want.

CCleaner, and only used sparingly.

But...don't install junk.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
What are you wanting this "system cleaner" to do?
i used a program few years back, cant remember wat its called now, just scans for things i dont need.

I stick with the built-in Windows one and a healthy dose of manual scrubbing.

If you're worried about going through the erase-write cycles on an SSD, don't be.
which built in program scans your system? apart from window defender but that scans for virus.

USAFRet

Titan
You need to be REAL careful with these types of applications.
Often, they do FAR more than what you want.

CCleaner, and only used sparingly.

But...don't install junk.

Reactions: froggy8
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ccleaner, left in default settings. There's rarely ever a need to get into the more advanced settings.

I usually will run the cleaner and the registry tool if I've done a bunch of installs and deletes, Windows doesn't actually delete anything as such, the entire program is still there, it just removes the address to the program from the OS, setting it in the trash can, which allows further writings to write over the data.

That leaves a ton of stuff behind, especially in temp files and the registry, which sooner or later tends to pile up and slow things down.

Reactions: froggy8