Best thermal paste for Overclocking an R5 2600x

Nov 24, 2018
Which is the best thermal paste for the Ryzen 5 2600x - i am going to keep the stock cooler until i have the money to upgrade but i want to have some good thermal compound.

You would only need to change the thermal paste on the GPU if you removed the cooler. And that will void the warranty. Besides you can't really see the GPU back plate once it is installed.

Normally there is a a thermal paste in ribbon form applied to the GPU itself and the VRM's. But I wouldn't mess with it unless there is a problem.

If you are intending to paint the GPU, realize that the warranty is voided every which way from Tuesday. Use a fine grit sanding sponge to prep the individual exterior parts of the GPU. Then use a high temperature spray paint intended for plastic if possible. When spraying the parts use a fine mist that would take a half dozen applications to reach a full coat. Taking that approach will limit the development of pooling and drips of paint. Let the parts dry between coats of paint with very fine sanding between coats.

Nov 24, 2018

no its what most people use because it can withstand high heats and is non conductive. If you don't like it you can just peel it off if you want