Best Thermal Paste for up to £8 for my OC'ing Build?

PapaShand

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Hi there,

I'm getting an Intel i5 6600K or 7600K and was wondering what Thermal Paste to buy for OC'ing to around 4.5 GHz. My Cooler is a Hyper 212 Red LED from Cooler Master, and has 4 Heat pipes, what Thermal Paste should I buy, is there any better than others?

Thanks,
Stanley :)

PapaShand

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
I see this as Top Dog: Coollaboratory Liquid Pro 0.15g Thermal Paste... But is there any difference? I notice you only get 0.15 G and I may want to clean the Heat sink every once in a while and reapply etc. so is there a better option?

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016

Its not that easy to suggest a good tim just because many types of tim can burn out in days or weeks and will give u worse performance. Metal liquid pastes most of the time will give u 3C advantage over non conductive pastes. Real problem with metal types of pastes is that they become worse after a while like 6-8 months and need reapply. 9/10 pastes will perform the same once they fresh, and if u check again in couple of weeks results will be much worse than when first time applied.
Brands that i used myself, and heard many good things about are grizzly, noctua NT H1, MX4. these pastes are very effective as well as can last very long with no performance degradation. But toothpaste or mayonnaise is a king.