Best Video Card for my i5 4690k build

Dankknight

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Looking for some constructive advice on a video card for this computer build. The budget for the card should keep this build around $1000US. So $200-$350. I plan to start with one video card but it should be SLI for a future additional card. Any other modifications people would suggest i'm open to, I'm going for a Black/Green scheme overall and would plan to use it mostly for gaming and live streaming.

The build so far:
CPU - Intel Core i5 4690k
Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Board - Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2
RAM - Corsair 16GB (2x8)
Case - Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition Full Tower ATX
PSU - EVGA 750W
Storage - 256GB SSD, 3TB 7200 HD

Lemme know what you think...

Solution

what do you mean by your only going with an i5? the 4670/4690s are more than enough, their...

davidarad02

Admirable
gtx 970. no other option in this price point that gives you such great performance.
as for a specific model, id go with a windforce card from gigabyte, and give it some green paint accents (like linus did in his surround gaming build: http://youtu.be/rHhMW89R7pY)

Dankknight

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015

I checked it out and it's definitely at the max end of the price range :p Great video too by the way. The green accents would look perfect with the build. I'm still interested in cheaper alternatives as i'm only going with an i5. What would be a good alternative closer to $200?

Also, what do you think of the mobo choice, i'm trying to get the most for around $150-$200...

davidarad02

Admirable
you could go with a cheaper motherboard that will do the job, but if you really want all the bling bling that comes with a MoBo in your price range, i would go with a RoG board.
one this that i dont get is why do you want to get a CPU that is more expensive then your GPU? the GPU should be the most expensive thing in a gaming machine, as it will dictate your gaming performance. what is you budget for this PC?

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

what do you mean by your only going with an i5? the 4670/4690s are more than enough, their the same as the i7 4770/4790s without the hyperthreading and their great overclockers(usually)

Solution