Best Walware, Firewall and AntiVirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowledge is the best antivirus.

Don't visit risky website, don't download suspicious software, don't open emails that you don't recognize.

99% of the virus' I see are installed by users who clicked on a link, accepted the system changes, and installed it themselves. The antivirus won't stop this behaviour, and does not always catch it.

AV's use a lot of system resources and do very little good. You end up with more false-positives than anything.

Windows Defender is the only one I recommend. Use a good router and don't open any ports, like RDP, directly to your system.

Don't use your Administrator account for your daily use, create a user with limited access to prevent an infection from hijacking system files. Have a good log in password.

oldrkp

Reputable
May 13, 2014
There are many antiviruses available in the IT market but I know one of the best antivirus knowns as Protegent. It is the best because in this antivrus many features available like recovery data facility.

dnormtech

Honorable
May 18, 2014
I recommend Avast free antivirus... have been using it on all my systems for 10 years or more. virus definitions automatically updated daily...

I use malwarebytes (free) and spybot search and destroy (free) against malware...

suggest comodo (free) or zonealarm (free) for firewall...

i dont go with the package deals (firewall and AV) or the extras (pay)...

ANY time you download or install a program, pay attention to the process. many of them have four or more 'gotcha's ' for software you dont want...

regards...

dnormtech

Status
Not open for further replies.