[SOLVED] Best way to connect non-wifi equipped desktop to wifi router in distant room ?

bhuether1

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
Hi,

I have a wifi router in my living room (in Moscow). At end of a long hallway I have another room with a desktop computer without wifi adapter. It is a MAC computer I built and while I am waiting for delivery of a Broadcom wifi card via AliExpress that will work in my MAC desktop I am trying to get the computer online.

Would something like Tp Link RE200 do the trick? I see I can find one readily in Moscow, but maybe there are other options? On my phone, in the room where my desktop is, I see a strong signal, and download speed is around 170 Mbps, ping 8ms. I know any soluton will likely result in reduced speed, but it will only be temporary.

Ideas?

thanks

Solution
Depends on how long you have to wait. I am spoiled now days when you can get things in 1-2 days.

Since it is just temporary just run a ethernet cable down the hall. Now if you can get a USB wifi dongle that would work but if it works would you even need the other card. I didn't know that mac was still such a pain to get equipment that runs.
Depends on how long you have to wait. I am spoiled now days when you can get things in 1-2 days.

Since it is just temporary just run a ethernet cable down the hall. Now if you can get a USB wifi dongle that would work but if it works would you even need the other card. I didn't know that mac was still such a pain to get equipment that runs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS