Question Best way to control and sync all the RGB lights inside my PC ?

Sep 21, 2024
Hi

What is the best / easiest way to control and synchronise all RGB in my PC I'm building?

Will I be able to control all RGB from one Place?

I have:
1) B650 steel legend motherboard (with 3 ARGB connectors)
- 3 ARGB connections

2) ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 240 A-RGB - Water Cooling PC, All-in-One (2 fans and pump connected)
- will require 1 argb connector (on motherboard)

3) case NZXT H6 flow with prebuild 3x 120 argb fans (they are already daisy chained and connected to an adapter - will require 1 argb connector (on motherboard)

4) 2x 140 NZXT fans (comes with NZXT hub/ connector that plug into motherboard USB and sata for power)

5) TeamGroup Delta RGB 32GB (2X16GB) DDR5

will I be able to set / control each component (f.e. Each fan in daisy chain in case, pump separately to fan on AIO etc..)
Should I get NZXT hub for all fans?

I would like to have all setup synchronised to have something like 2 colour rainbow on slow loop if that make sense?

I noted windows dynamic lighting is a thing but not sure will it see all parts?

quiffboy

Prominent
Jun 30, 2023
Buy a rbg controller (for eg the razor chroma). Plug that into the mobo argb header and everything else into that.

Then you’ll be able to use any compatible app to control it. Eg taser synaps, openrgb etcetc

Sep 21, 2024
Buy a rbg controller (for eg the razor chroma). Plug that into the mobo argb header and everything else into that.

Then you’ll be able to use any compatible app to control it. Eg taser synaps, openrgb etcetc
Will I be able to connect nzxt fans to it( they have 4 ARGB pins - proprietary)

Hi

What is the best / easiest way to control and synchronise all RGB in my PC I'm building?

Will I be able to control all RGB from one Place?

I have:
1) B650 steel legend motherboard (with 3 ARGB connectors)
- 3 ARGB connections

2) ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 240 A-RGB - Water Cooling PC, All-in-One (2 fans and pump connected)
- will require 1 argb connector (on motherboard)

3) case NZXT H6 flow with prebuild 3x 120 argb fans (they are already daisy chained and connected to an adapter - will require 1 argb connector (on motherboard)

4) 2x 140 NZXT fans (comes with NZXT hub/ connector that plug into motherboard USB and sata for power)

5) TeamGroup Delta RGB 32GB (2X16GB) DDR5

will I be able to set / control each component (f.e. Each fan in daisy chain in case, pump separately to fan on AIO etc..)
Should I get NZXT hub for all fans?

I would like to have all setup synchronised to have something like 2 colour rainbow on slow loop if that make sense?

I noted windows dynamic lighting is a thing but not sure will it see all parts?
Just download and use ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.182 from Asrock site.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B650E Steel Legend WiFi/index.asp#Download

Reactions: Paperdoc

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
CountMike has pointed to the right way. That software utility that SHOULD have been included on the CD with your mobo (OR you download free from ASRock) is the tool for configuring the ARGB displays of lights connected to your mobo's three Addressable LED headers. VERY often such a tool offers a couple of choices for how those three headers are used. One is that each header is programmed separately and may do different things. The other is to "SYNC" them so that all headers do exactly the same thing all the time. SOME systems may have an option to have a display that moves progressively from one header to another.

You should be aware of a few limits here. For MOST ARGB lighting units every device connected to ONE header will do exactly the same thing. You can not make a moving display progress along several fans (for example) on ONE header. There is a newer version of ARGB lighting that can do that, but it requires a slightly different header control system and lighting units designed for that new system. I do not believe your mobo has this, and likely your lighting units also do not.

The lighting on your RAM modules MAY be slightly different. Those lights are not normally controlled by any mobo ARGB header. However, it is possible that the RAM lights may be controlled by that mobo in a way that the Polychrome RGB utility can synchronize with lights in other devices - that is not mentioned in the board's web pages or manual.

TRENDING THREADS