Best way to improve my pc performance

Sep 3, 2018
Hello, I am looking to improve my gaming PC performance by either overclocking my CPU or my GPU i just don't know which would be best to do. i don't have the best set up. but its all i could afford at the time i bought it.

AMD FX-8370 4.0GHZ CPU
GTX 760 Graphic Card
16G 2x8G Corsair Vengeance Ram cards

I am using the stock CPU cooler. (couldn't afford a better one)

Solution
You could probably overclock your GPU without having to add any extra components/cooling. Overclocking the CPU would probably require a third party cooler for the CPU and maybe extra cooling for the motherboard chipset.

So depending on your upgrade budget, I'd probably start with a mild GPU overclock (if possible) and monitor temps. If the system is stable and temps are not too bad, then I'd probably look to a new CPU cooler and consider overclocking the CPU (again, monitoring temps of both the CPU and GPU).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You could probably overclock your GPU without having to add any extra components/cooling. Overclocking the CPU would probably require a third party cooler for the CPU and maybe extra cooling for the motherboard chipset.

So depending on your upgrade budget, I'd probably start with a mild GPU overclock (if possible) and monitor temps. If the system is stable and temps are not too bad, then I'd probably look to a new CPU cooler and consider overclocking the CPU (again, monitoring temps of both the CPU and GPU).

-Wolf sends

Solution

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
i look into overclocking the GPU
If you need a guide:

0. Install MSI Afterburner
0. Download and run UNIGINE Valley on Ultra + Windowed. Any other benchmarking works too.

1. Max your power limit.

2. Increase your core clock 50+ at a time while looking at the benchmark till artifacts (weird lines and colors) appear or your driver crashes/freezes. Then fine tune it compared to your previous clock.
Example Core clock: ... > +150 > artifact > ... > +145 > artifact > +120 (Keep it 25 or more below max)

3. Do the same for Memory. (50 or more below max)

4. Save your profile.

5. Don't check apply overclocking at startup. You can check it after a few days of testing.

Keep temps below 80c. If start going above, install a fan near it or change the paste.
tho i know upgrading a 760 to something like a 980 would be best.
You would need a beefy power supply for that and the low VRAM might disappoint you. Also, high chance your CPU will bottleneck it.

You could look into used/pre-owned 1060 6GB when 20 series start rolling in to be more future proof as most games are starting to fill 4GB.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2576vs3639