Best way to make wifi reach 600ft

TripleFury

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Have large piece of property with 3 houses. Lower house is about 200 ft inside gate. Other 2 houses are about 400 ft farther in & up hill with trees. Previous owner had ethernet cable run to lower house inside pvc pipe & a plug is installed inside house. I noticed pvc branches out to all 3 houses but runs to knee high metal tube that has TV printed on top which I assume is the cable.
Ethernet wires are not connected at second upper house & not sure if they connect at main house up too.
Wifi does reach lower house from router in main house.
We want wifi to not only extend to lower house but all the way to gate to use wireless security cameras.
I am fairly clueless about the best,easiest, & fairly inexpensive way to do this.
We have a linksys duel router.
If anyone can help me figure out [&maybe learn] this stuff, I would be so grateful.
I can try to give details of other things that may be of help if you tell me what they are.
<Email redacted for your protection>

RealBeast

Titan
Preferably, with an Ethernet tester such as THIS. Agreed that you do not want an extender, Ethernet cable is best for up to 100 meters (so between the closer buildings).

For the long run of 400 feet you *may* be able to still use cable, but if that proves unsatisfactory there are other options such as a pair of outdoor directional access points or an Ethernet extender.

TripleFury

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Ok...so I was able to trace ethernet lines & correct connections. I now have internet in lower house. What do I need to hook up now to get wifi connection? Another router or ?

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, you can attach a router set up as an access point to provide wireless around that area.

Just attach the new router LAN to LAN to your router that has Internet access, turn off DHCP on the new AP router, give the AP device a static IP address that is in the network range of the main router but outside of the main router DHCP assignment range.

TripleFury

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Ok...i understand the first part in attaching devices but the assigning addresses is still a bit foreign to me. Is there an easier way to explain it? Like a "for dummies" version?