[SOLVED] Best way to restore Windows10 to give to daughter

Jul 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I would like to give my current PC to my daughter and I want to reset the computer so it’s like new.

I know I can reinstall Windows (although I’ve never done that) but I want to make sure that all my account information is gone and when she boots up for the first time she can sign in with her Microsoft account information
and claim the PC as her own. I want it to be just like it was for me the day I brought it home from the store.

I have been looking for a clear answer to this question for days but have not had success. Everything I’ve read and every video I’ve watched seem to show that after reinstalling Windows, the log in screen hasn’t changed back to default/new.

I’m not even sure if I’m using the right terms!

Thank you!

Solution
Hello everyone,

I would like to give my current PC to my daughter and I want to reset the computer so it’s like new.

I know I can reinstall Windows (although I’ve never done that) but I want to make sure that all my account information is gone and when she boots up for the first time she can sign in with her Microsoft account information
and claim the PC as her own. I want it to be just like it was for me the day I brought it home from the store.

I have been looking for a clear answer to this question for days but have not had success. Everything I’ve read and every video I’ve watched seem to show that after reinstalling Windows, the log in screen hasn’t changed back to default/new.

I’m not even sure if I’m using the right...

USAFRet

Titan
Hello everyone,

I’m not even sure if I’m using the right terms!

Thank you!
Full wipe and reinstall.
Stop the install when it gets to the part about entering account details, and let her continue from there.

Also, remove it from YOUR MS account.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...nt-selling-gifting-windows-10-device-xbox-one

Reactions: Eckoes
Solution