Best way to secure monitor from falling

sorryboi

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
Greetings. This isn't the most tech related post. I have moved around my monitor quite a lot lately. I decided to move it on top of a shelf in front of my bed, as a mini theater in my room. I am using my old 20in monitor from Dell. My problem is that the shelf is a bit tall and shakes a little. I do get paranoid often and I am worried my monitor will fall on my bed or the floor. What will be the best way to secure it from moving? Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
jfwu7Fi.jpg

Solution
Look up "3M VHB". It's foam tape that is double sided. It's very strong and if you put in on sparingly it's removable.

I'd recommend trying a little of the tape before going all out on the monitor. If you put too much you'll probably damage your furniture trying to take off the monitor.

nzalog

Respectable
BANNED
Jan 2, 2017
Look up "3M VHB". It's foam tape that is double sided. It's very strong and if you put in on sparingly it's removable.

I'd recommend trying a little of the tape before going all out on the monitor. If you put too much you'll probably damage your furniture trying to take off the monitor.

Solution
Me I would probably be lazy on this since you cant see the base. Cut a piece a wood, or get a nylon strap, that is longer than the shorter part of the base and screw the wood/strap into the shelf on each side so that it pressed down on the base to sure it up.

sorryboi

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016

Do you think electrical tape should get the job done? I do partially feel as if the electrical tape could potentially make it worse, but I don't know how.

No, nothing sticky will do it properly. If anyone ever bumps that shelf hard enough I would worry its going over with a sticky solution.

Nylon strap and a couple screws. Just screw the strap down into the top of the shelf so it secures the base nice and tight. Nobody ever looks at the top of a shelf that tall.
https://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Inches-Yards-Webbing-Fastening/dp/B008585UMW/ref=pd_lpo_468_lp_img_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DRSC0JSR0MBYH0E7HYDA

TRENDING THREADS