Best way to use old HDDs (use as single drive?)

acer0169

Distinguished
It's been a while since I've asked anything so let's see what the HDD gurus can come up for this one ;).

I, like most of you, have several old IDE drives sitting behind me on a shelf. They range from 8GB to 200GB and there's 4-5 that I know work just fine.

I don't want to clutter my gaming machine with IDE drives nor do I want to buy a crap-load of external enclosures to get them working.

I came across this picture: http://www.instructables.com/image/FT2EY12GAPUS5IZ/Awesome-Hard-Drive-Tower.jpg
And it made me wonder if there was a way I could build an external enclosure for all 5 drives that just had power and one USB to go into my computer.

Is there anyway anyone can think of doing this?
I'd prefer not have to build a shitty old server computer to house these drives but that is an option.

Let me know your thoughts - be as creative as you can.

I have never used RAID before, but is there a way to use RAID 0 (i think it is) to make them all show as one large (rather slow) drive?

Well if you use them all as one drive and loose one you have lost the data on all! I know it is hard to let go of them but anything under 120GB to me today is not worth keeping. (I actually have a couple of them in the closet as a back up with all my digital Photos, less bothersome than a pile of CD's)

acer0169

Distinguished
This isn't for the storage space as I have over 3.5TB of storage on my machine. I more just want a project to built and if I can make use of these babies I will do. They make up about 400GB together. Anyway I can have these as externals and one drive?