Best WD 3TB Drive?

OmarWazzan

Reputable
May 14, 2014
I have no idea what the difference between these three are, if anyone could enlighten me, thanks [Price doesn't really matter, all in my budget range]

WD "SE" 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal HDD

WD "Red Pro" 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal HDD

WD "Black Series" 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal HDD

Solution
Hey there, OmarWazzan.

I'd be happy to shed some light on your dilemma, but I'd need a bit more info on what you're going to use the drive for in order to be able to point you in the right direction.

The WD SE drives are enterprise drives designed for large-scale datacenter replication environments running 24x7x365 and to be used for Bulk cloud storage, replicated environments, content delivery networks (CDNs), entry level servers and backup.
The WD Red Pro drives are NAS/RAID specific drives, which come with a specific firmware (NASware 3.0) which provides better compatibility and performance for those types of environments. The WD Red Pro drives also feature a 24/7 support line specifically created for them.
The WD Black drives are...
Hey there, OmarWazzan.

I'd be happy to shed some light on your dilemma, but I'd need a bit more info on what you're going to use the drive for in order to be able to point you in the right direction.

The WD SE drives are enterprise drives designed for large-scale datacenter replication environments running 24x7x365 and to be used for Bulk cloud storage, replicated environments, content delivery networks (CDNs), entry level servers and backup.
The WD Red Pro drives are NAS/RAID specific drives, which come with a specific firmware (NASware 3.0) which provides better compatibility and performance for those types of environments. The WD Red Pro drives also feature a 24/7 support line specifically created for them.
The WD Black drives are high performance drives, designed for gaming, video editing, all kinds of demanding software etc.

All of those drives come with a 5-year limited warranty.

You could take a closer look at their features here:
WD Se
WD Red Pro
WD Black

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions whatsoever regarding the drives.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

OmarWazzan

Reputable
May 14, 2014

Great, thanks!