Best Windows Tablet

Skrone2

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Was wondering what the community's take on this was. Obviously the surface pro 3 or earlier 2 but I was kind of hesitant to the price tag. I know there are some other options with full windows (definitely don't want RT) What does everyone think?

Solution
All of the Windows "Pro" tablets are going to be above $1000 if they have any reasonable amount of storage. Essentially a keyboardless touchscreen ultrabook.

I'm partial to Samsung's tablets, but I am basing that off of an old pre-surface model that Microsoft handed to use when they wanted us to adopt Windows 8.1. We did end up using Windows 8.1 company wide, but not for the touchscreen capabilities. 8.1 Enterprise has other really useful features. (1st time authentication through VPN as an example)

There are slightly newer versions of it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131427

Probably one out there with a Haswell processor as well.

We did end up with a few Dell Venue 11 Pro, but I don't care much for them...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
All of the Windows "Pro" tablets are going to be above $1000 if they have any reasonable amount of storage. Essentially a keyboardless touchscreen ultrabook.

I'm partial to Samsung's tablets, but I am basing that off of an old pre-surface model that Microsoft handed to use when they wanted us to adopt Windows 8.1. We did end up using Windows 8.1 company wide, but not for the touchscreen capabilities. 8.1 Enterprise has other really useful features. (1st time authentication through VPN as an example)

There are slightly newer versions of it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131427

Probably one out there with a Haswell processor as well.

We did end up with a few Dell Venue 11 Pro, but I don't care much for them. Too bulky with the keyboard dock with the extra battery. An ultrabook has a larger screen and keyboard and weighs about the same.

Of course with these you are limited to the Intel graphics, whereas you can get some decent light video cards for less then the cost of a tablet into a standard laptop.

Solution