Best Wireless Keyboards

amacbabe

Commendable
Mar 3, 2020
I am looking for a sleek wireless silver or white keyboard for a PC - I am building my own computer and want something with a thin profile and charge on usb. How is the microsoft surface keyboard? I have read things that they don't work well with non surface computers- No gaming but work as a designer and do a ton of CAD and 3-rendering- looking for mouse too- ANy advice?

Oct 24, 2020
There's an odd bias in this article. The Lenovo TrackPoint II is a productivity model, and designed to be used a desk. Yet, it's deemed "expensive", even though it has an integrated pointing device. Meanwhile, all the other keyboards on the list are the same price, if not higher. While none of these keyboards are as inexpensive as the Logitech K400 Plus (which I use as an HTPC keyboard because it's really, really good in that setting), I believe it is unfairly labeled expensive on this list.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do however own the Thinkpad USB keyboard (which is wonderful), and the wired Thinkpad Compact keyboard, which is the same layout and design as the Trackpoint II, but not wireless). The Compact is a great desktop keyboard and I really think you should reconsider this review.

Oct 24, 2020
I am looking for a sleek wireless silver or white keyboard for a PC - I am building my own computer and want something with a thin profile and charge on usb. How is the microsoft surface keyboard? I have read things that they don't work well with non surface computers- No gaming but work as a designer and do a ton of CAD and 3-rendering- looking for mouse too- ANy advice?
I recently was in the same boat. I was using a mid range Microsoft keyboard and mouse set and it wasn’t great. The scroll wheel was mushy on the mouse and my hand would cramp after a long day working. I bought the Logitech MX3 master mouse and enjoyed it so much I paired it with the MX Keys keyboard t. It’s been a few months and I’ve been very happy with the combo. I can easily switch between my two towers and IPad Pro throughout the workday.

voyteck

Reputable
Jul 1, 2020
I would vote for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic if not for horrible quality control (so far it was either space button, function keys, mouse buttons or signal strength). Out of five only one turned out acceptable although still not without issues. If you have time and inclination for trying - go for it because it's shape is simply fantastic (barring way too narrow wrist pad and small sticky function keys).

durahl

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Who else does it strike as <Mod Edit> weird to put a CON for not having a USB Passthrough on a friggin' WIRELESS Keyboard?
And WHY is it only the Logitech ones that get this CON? Same for the lack of a CONing Logitech for the lack of a Wrist Rest!
It's almost like they're that good you basically have to fish for CONs 🙄

Writing on my Logitech Craft Wireless Keyboard...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bastard2k

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020
I have the 915 Logitech and although it is an excellent keyboard there are a couple of downsides:

Alts of numbers and symbols are not backlit, so if you dont know where the "$" is finding it in the dark can be a trick.

Labels on keys are not very visible, and difficult to see in low light or even fairly well lit rooms so shutting down the backlighting might not work.

This is clearly meant to be a desktop keyboard. The weight combined with the keys being close to the edge means its actually kind of difficult to pick up and put down without hitting keys.. There is not much area on the keyboard to actually grab it.

Its not terribly hard to use on your lap though. I don't particularly miss having a wrist rest either.

mu7med

Honorable
Apr 23, 2016
I was interested in the redragon k596 but I was wondering if the macro settings save its configuration to the keyboard chip or in the Windows app.
For example I have multiple machines and VMs so can I use the keyboard interchangeably without the need to reconfigure the macro settings on each machine?

Sep 1, 2023
I don't understand why the Blackwidow v3 Pro is always on the top of the list. I've had mine replaced by Razer twice, and still I have to use it with the usb connected or else I get double keypresses, stuck keypresses, along with short battery combined with nonexistant/poor notifications. It's useless as a wireless keyboard.