Best Wireless Mouse: Premium Gaming and Productivity Mice

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Let me preface my surprise at this list by stating I own and have religiously used a G Pro Wireless, G903 (original non-lightspeed) and Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro, and am currently using a G305 as my everyday work horse mouse, so I have some semblance of expectations when it comes to wireless gaming mice.

How does the G305 not make this list? I'm a little confused by that :unsure:. Weight wise, it's in line with most of these expensive mice or better, and if you sub out the battery for a lithium or even AAA converted lithium you're coming in at an 84-85g mouse that has such a long charge time compared to any of these mice listed. I can understand most of the picks, but the Redragon M686 taking a spot as an "affordable wireless gaming" mouse compared to the G305?

Anyways, interesting quick read, thank you!

Reactions: Prizm4
Jan 8, 2021
I though razer basilisk ultimate should be at first position, i am using this mouse more than a year , it never disappoint me .... however like other sites , great content on best gaming mouse I really appreciate it !

Last edited:

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Interesting that Bluetooth gives such a large battery life improvement. I wonder if there is a latency disadvantage, otherwise why bother with using a proprietary dongle?

Nestea_Zen

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
I'll never understand why all these blog websites/articles paste the picture first, above the title. it's called a title for a reason.
it ALWAYS confuses. especially since the images usually never carry text.

so much for college educated people.

D

Deleted member 1353997

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Reasons to avoid:
- Must RMA every 6 months because at least 1 button will develop double-clicking issues.

A flaw it shares with the G903, G900, G700, and the G602 (and possibly every other G mouse released in the past decade or so).

Dankhola

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
Doesn't the G-Pro wireless now have the 25K sensor? Or is it the same pixart sensor with a firmware update?

Prizm4

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
Doesn't Razer software still require you to create a Razer account to use it?

I bought a Razer mouse years ago and returned it as soon as I saw the software required me to log in just to change the mouse settings 👎

Feb 15, 2022
How can you write that the weight is a 'reason to avoid' on the pro click mini but not the mx master 3?

Razer Pro Click Mini: 88g to 111g
Logitech mx master 3: 141g

I think that would count as bias for logitech over razer.
You can also use AAA batteries with lightweight extender shells to get the weight down even further than 88g.
Different battery types also change the weight. So there are OPTIONS for the weight of the razer, whereas logitech you're stuck with a 141g brick of a mouse.
I had to return my MX Master 3 because it was too heavy for my preferences.

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
How can you write that the weight is a 'reason to avoid' on the pro click mini but not the mx master 3?

Razer Pro Click Mini: 88g to 111g
Logitech mx master 3: 141g

I think that would count as bias for logitech over razer.
You can also use AAA batteries with lightweight extender shells to get the weight down even further than 88g.
Different battery types also change the weight. So there are OPTIONS for the weight of the razer, whereas logitech you're stuck with a 141g brick of a mouse.
I had to return my MX Master 3 because it was too heavy for my preferences.
So the article that proclaims the Razer mouse as THE best premium productivity mouse that money can buy is biased against Razer? Why is it that your account has only one post?

Feb 15, 2022
So the article that proclaims the Razer mouse as THE best premium productivity mouse that money can buy is biased against Razer? Why is it that your account has only one post?

It literally doesn't say that or even come close to saying that. It doesn't even use the word "best" once and it ranks third on the list.
The article outright says that the MX Master 3 is THE BEST, with those words n everything.
I find it really strange that you're claiming this article calls the razer pro click mini the best...What kind of gaslighting is this? The article is right there, we can all read it.

I made my account to make this comment, as I was looking for a new mouse, and was a bit disturbed to see the MX Master 3 at number 1 with no mention of its weight, and the pro click mini having its weight mentioned as a negative, despite it being significantly lighter than the MX.

Regardless of whatever gaslighting you're trying to attempt here, the article is clearly bias:
The article say the MX Master 3 is the best with no issues when it's up to 53grams heavier than a mouse that they claim is "too heavy". That's as clear cut as any bias gets.

alexlf

Reputable
Jan 16, 2019
Best wireless ergonomic mouse is Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic. Tried many others, but this one is simply the best.

CmdrSloth

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Why in the world is this website ignoring the Logitech Superlight?

It is hands down, one of the smoothest, lightest wireless mice I have ever used, and yet this place acts like it does not exist.

Reactions: BaconR

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Why in the world is this website ignoring the Logitech Superlight?

It is hands down, one of the smoothest, lightest wireless mice I have ever used, and yet this place acts like it does not exist.
It does seem well regarded, but generally sites like Tom's only review a product if the manufacturer sends them a sample. So it's up to Logitech really

Reactions: BaconR
Feb 15, 2022
The way I read that weight thing is that the Razer Pro Mini is heavier than it needs to be, because of the AA batteries.

Not any direct weight comparison with the MX Master.

You can use AAA batteries, in fact you can use just 1 AAA battery and it will power the mouse for weeks on end. Regardless of reason saying weight is an issue on this mouse is unfair on it, as the mx master 3 is much heavier despite its internal lithium battery. So is it necessary that razer is heavier than it needs to be because of the batteries? No, as unchangeable battery products are heavier still.

Mar 16, 2022
Where is the G305? That mouse is easily in the top 10. The performance you get out of this mouse for its price is amazing.

Dragonwatcher

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
The Logitech Ergo M575 Mouse (trackball) can be used for gaming. I used its predecessor (M510) for years to game and even to raid in MMO's it has a negligible delay that you will not notice unless you are playing a first-person shooter at the professional level. Yes you do need to get used to different finger movement combinations, however once you do it becomes smooth operations from there. and it does have a decent amount of programmable/assignable buttons on it. But remember everyone this is not a list of the BEST GAMING MICE it is a list of PRODUCTIVITY mice so gaming dedicated mice like the Logitech G502 should not be mentioned here as they are outside the purview of this list.

NoFaultius

Reputable
Sep 2, 2019
The glaring deficiency in the mice selected for this "Top 10" is that none of them are compatable with the Logitech POWERPLAY charging mat. Having the user experience of a wireless mouse that never needs charging outclasses any of the selected mice's battery duration. Logitech offers seven different mice that are POWERPLAY compatable, and none of them made this list. I personally use the G502 Lightspeed and it is, hands down, the best mouse I have ever used. I prefer a heavier mouse and this one lets me adjust the weight. It has the hero 25K sensor and is incredible responsive. I can't live wihtout my on the fly DPI adjustments and the software works great.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
The glaring deficiency in the mice selected for this "Top 10" is that none of them are compatable with the Logitech POWERPLAY. Having the user experience of a wireless mouse that never needs charging outclasses any of the selected mice's battery duration.
Conversely, not being constrained to a particular mousepad.

The once a month recharge on my MX Master 3 is just fine.