Best X570 Motherboards: ATX, Micro ATX and Mini ITX Tested

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
The Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra pricing links are for the incorrect product and prices. All 3 links go to Gigabyte X570 Pro WiFi (1 for the mini ITX, 1 to the ATX, and Best buy who shows the ITX but specifies the ATX) listings which tend to be $40-$70 cheaper than the Ultra board (or in Best Buy's case, they don't even carry the Ultra). The previous Best X570 motherboards story had the exact same issue but I thought it might get sorted out with next update. I guess not...

cgigoux

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
Just a minor nit to pick. If you're going to have "Best ... Micro ATX ..." in the title, you might want to actually include a Micro ATX motherboard in the list. I realize that there's basically only one contender (AS Rock Pro4M) that you've not tested and its VRM section isn't up to snuff compared to just about everyone else, so you might just want to edit the title a tad.

Cheers.

Sep 23, 2020
I bought the gigabyte x570 i aorus pro wifi partially on the recommendation here. I'm having a bluetooth issue which it seems many on reddit are experiencing as well. I also don't like that the NVME slot is directly above the heatsink. Even worse is that gigabyte includes a heatsync/fan for the chipset which means if you purchase an NVME drive with a heatsync you will have to remove it. I'm sending it back and getting a different board. Just thought I would post this to hopefully save someone else the pain of an RMA.

Nov 3, 2020
I bought the gigabyte x570 i aorus pro wifi partially on the recommendation here. I'm having a bluetooth issue which it seems many on reddit are experiencing as well. I also don't like that the NVME slot is directly above the heatsink. Even worse is that gigabyte includes a heatsync/fan for the chipset which means if you purchase an NVME drive with a heatsync you will have to remove it. I'm sending it back and getting a different board. Just thought I would post this to hopefully save someone else the pain of an RMA.
Doesn't the mobo have 2 heatsinks for the NVME, and thus couldn't you get the NVME drive without heatsink?

Or am I misunderstanding or missing something?

Sep 23, 2020
Doesn't the mobo have 2 heatsinks for the NVME, and thus couldn't you get the NVME drive without heatsink?

Or am I misunderstanding or missing something?
It has a chipset fan and some thermal tape that you put on your SSD to conduct the heat. I was hoping I could get away with just using the built in heatsink on my ssd but then the chipset got too hot without the little fan connected. If you're willing to deal with it I'm sure you could make it work but I wasn't impressed.

Reactions: Xereoth
Nov 3, 2020
It has a chipset fan and some thermal tape that you put on your SSD to conduct the heat. I was hoping I could get away with just using the built in heatsink on my ssd but then the chipset got too hot without the little fan connected. If you're willing to deal with it I'm sure you could make it work but I wasn't impressed.
Hmm that does sound sucky. Was planning on building a new PC for the second time ever, after using my first build for way too long.
Waiting on the Zen 3 to release and was looking into a fitting mobo around 250euro's.
The aorus x570 pro seemed like a nice one but after reading your comment I'm doubting about it and possible other things I might have overlooked.

thanks for responding though.

Sep 23, 2020
Hmm that does sound sucky. Was planning on building a new PC for the second time ever, after using my first build for way too long.
Waiting on the Zen 3 to release and was looking into a fitting mobo around 250euro's.
The aorus x570 pro seemed like a nice one but after reading your comment I'm doubting about it and possible other things I might have overlooked.

thanks for responding though.
My pleasure! I'm always thrilled when my warning posts get a hit. Makes me feel like there was some purpose to me pulling my hair out in frustration. I hope you fare better than I did no matter what you choose to do. That bluetooth issue was annoying. (devices kept dropping every 30 seconds or so). Honestly the bluetooth was a bigger deal than the chipset. I probably could have lived with the noisy little fan but I'm a gamer so I want bluetooth controllers and headsets to be rock solid.

Reactions: Xereoth
Nov 3, 2020
My pleasure! I'm always thrilled when my warning posts get a hit. Makes me feel like there was some purpose to me pulling my hair out in frustration. I hope you fare better than I did no matter what you choose to do. That Bluetooth issue was annoying. (devices kept dropping every 30 seconds or so). Honestly the Bluetooth was a bigger deal than the chipset. I probably could have lived with the noisy little fan but I'm a gamer so I want Bluetooth controllers and headsets to be rock solid.
Yeah, your hair loss was not in vain haha. I don't use Bluetooth and my headphone has a separate receiver so that should be fine. I'm just worried about the chipset fan but after some more research I've concluded that the chipset fan can be turned off in idle. So it will only run while gaming. At which point my GPU and CPU fans will be running also and they should be louder than the chipset fan. And the mobo has two onboard heatsinks for the m.2 slots which should suffice (i'm new to those SSD's so still have no clue) and the 970 evo's don't really need a heatsink anyway they say. So I don't think I'll need a a separate heatsink on top of the m.2 (again, unless i'm misunderstanding something)

Thanks for your time and explanation!

Jun 22, 2021
Just a minor nit to pick. If you're going to have "Best ... Micro ATX ..." in the title, you might want to actually include a Micro ATX motherboard in the list. I realize that there's basically only one contender (AS Rock Pro4M) that you've not tested and its VRM section isn't up to snuff compared to just about everyone else, so you might just want to edit the title a tad.

Cheers.

So, the ASRock X570M PRO4 AMD AM4 microATX is not a good motherboard?

Blitz Hacker

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
do you have the wifi antenna's connected? the blue tooth runs thru those.. I had issues with blue tooth with my x570 aorus xtreme .. until I connected the wifi antenna's, had zero issues with it since (and a intel bluetooth driver update)

erickmendes

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
I've had Asus Rog Strix X570-i, B550-i and X570-i Crosshair Impact... I've also had lots of Gigabyte motherboards... And from the reviews I saw on Gigabyte X570 itx motherboard and my personal experience with Asus X570 itx motherboards I really would recommend Asus Rog AM4 itx boards over Gigabyte...

Even the Asus Rog Strix B550-i is a killer motherboard if you don't plan to OC, and the X570 Crosshair Impact is overkill for most builds.