BestConfigs Poll - Budget Intel Gaming PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which build do you like best?

• rayden54's build

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Shadowblade2652's build

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • jinayhvora's build

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • Sangeet's beast for $1,000 bucks

Votes: 58 29.3%
  • Zared619's Instrument of Winning

Votes: 63 31.8%

• Total voters

You're being pretty 'mean' and yes, it seems like you are trying to start a debate. Grow up, this is supposed to be a poll on the best '$1000 dollar Intel budget build'.

Meno1980

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
If I am looking to build a comp today, would one of these builds still be ideal or should I make some tweaks due to price changes if I'm still looking in the $1000 range?

Prices change all the time and things only get cheaper. Use these builds as a base line. Black Friday is coming up...You know what that means.

The prices have changed a lot, so, No! I would not suggest these builds as for now. There are a lot good new parts available now for cheaper prices. But yeah, these builds are good for the time they were planned.

PdCJonas

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I got a question:
I don't understand that much about PC hardware, but from what it seems, Zared619's build would require an ethernet cable to access the internet, no? Or does the motherboard come with a built in wireless card?

zared619

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012

To try to help you a little more, none of these builds have built-in wireless capabilities. However, you could easily add wireless via expansion card or usb device. I will give you examples of both.
wireless card (goes on motherboard) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166047
usb device (goes in any usb port) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

Given the choice between Better Motherboard + SSD + 3GB 7970 + Corsair case and 2GB 770 + No SSD + Little Inferior Motherboard + Rosewill Case, I would choose up the first one.

Nvidia makes people blind. People would prefer one rig over another just because there is Nvidia. Nevermind..