Bethesda’s First Patch For ‘Fallout 4’ Arrives As Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I wish they fixed this issue. Some guy wants me to give him 2000 caps for killing all his drug dealers and stealing all his chems. This other guy wants me to kill him. So I do. But I still have a quest to give a dead guy 2000 caps.

Can we get an update to allow remapping the action key? As of right now we can, but there are lots of actions that are hardcoded to 'E', such as picking up stuff from containers and opening the workshop. Should be pretty easy.

A Beta Patch? What will we get next? Beta Engines? Beta sold games? Early access?
Oh wait, those we already have.
Well, as long as there are those who pay for it, it will be sold.
Good I have the magical, mystical gift of patience and I can just wait till the game is 20 buck on steam with all DLCs, patches and mods for it.

Invisafehz

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
A Beta Patch? What will we get next? Beta Engines? Beta sold games? Early access?
Good I have the magical, mystical gift of patience and I can just wait till the game is 20 buck on steam with all DLCs, patches and mods for it.
God forbid they put out a patch early for people to try. Shame on them for trying to fix things quickly. Anyone who thinks that a game of this magnitude should be released without any bugs whatsoever has no clue the amount of work that goes into a project like this. A beta patch just means they are still testing it internally and it may not be 100% stable, so install it at your own risk. That's why it's not available as full patch yet and not being pushed automatically.

All software is in a beta state when released, no software is ever 100% bug free.

This is just a beta patch for people to try and they are probably also hoping for feedback because internal testing is one thing, it is a controlled environment, but the real world is where issues pop up and having people with random system configurations helping them find the big bugs helps everyone in the end and helps them faster.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

beta batch is for the beta branch of the game, more or less its just to make sure things dont break, or things break acceptably before pushing a patch (think for an acceptable break something that increased fps 20 across everything, but a few textures would no longer pop in)

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
God forbid they put out a patch early for people to try. Shame on them for trying to fix things quickly. Anyone who thinks that a game of this magnitude should be released without any bugs whatsoever has no clue the amount of work that goes into a project like this. A beta patch just means they are still testing it internally and it may not be 100% stable, so install it at your own risk. That's why it's not available as full patch yet and not being pushed automatically.

god forbig that any game manufacturer actually release a decent game that doesn't have memory or stability issues. God forbid that the actualy quest of the game work as the need to from the get go.

And god forbid to go back to the idea of what a freakin patch was in the first place.

But hey what do I know.... god forbid as consumer I can not be more demanding of a release of a product.

The game is out..... stop using your consumer base to beta test your crap that you should be doing already on your own.

How is assassins creed syndicate doing? right on pc with its piss poor performance.... Right I am sure you are will give them a thumbs up too right?

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

I know very well what the difference is. Do you?

urishima

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015

The difference between them is unimportant, neither should happen post-launch.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

boom!!!! and that is the winning two point conversion the team was looking for with 7 seconds left on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.