Bethesda Blaming RAGE PC Issues on Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrait

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Bethesda are console fanboys. I won't buy this trash or Skyrim till they are $5 each, and patched.

stagnant

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
I grabbed Rage the second it came out and it played horrible on my Radeon HD 6870 (with a Phenom x6). Textures would refresh way to slow and frame rates were almost unplayable. After the Rage drive patch, though, it plays very well at 1920x1200.Still a few texture glitches, but it is now playable and then some. What an incredible game. New things to do around every corner. Best I have played in years.

FreyjasChosen

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
RAGE's PC issues ARE related to the drivers. When I first played it on my Nvidia GTX 295, it was choppy as hell. It hardly worked. It was worse than Duke Nukem Forever. Then I read IGN's review for the game and they recommended downloading the beta drivers and it's worked like a charm ever since. This game is practically unplayable without the beta drivers.

dirtyducati

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
it seems they are very high on themselves. They need to come down to the average user level and make a game that can be played without breaking the bank!

t_wilson

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2007
So in reality, this is a poor optimization issue on the PC version. If the video drivers are to blame, why isn't everyone experiencing the problems? Perhaps there are magical drivers in the hands of some PC users. During the development process, was id Software testing the game with video drivers that have yet to be created by Nvidia and AMD?

dirtyducati

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Although I don't mind waiting a few years for the game to come down in price like Crysis. I have never played Crysis before today. I bought on Amazon.com Crysis Maximum Edition for $9.99. What a steal! Now that I have a gaming rig I am able to enjoy it on max settings and did break the bank doing it.

G

What there are people not playing the BF3 beta... why even log on a computer.

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Bottom line this game was built for consoles and its another hash job PC port, which is more than obvious given the technical problems and lack of graphical options. I refuse to buy anything like this anymore, developers need to start respecting the PC again as a premier platform.

haze4peace

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I just installed those AMD beta drivers and went from 20-30 fps to 50-60 fps. It made a HUGE difference in frame rate. I can still see the texture pop issue, although it does load up quicker than before. Better, but still annoying. Hopefully the next full driver release will help texture pop out more.

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
[citation][nom]dirtyducati[/nom]it seems they are very high on themselves. They need to come down to the average user level and make a game that can be played without breaking the bank![/citation]

I don't know what you mean by this, you can run this game on an old 9800 gt with stable framerates, its not like Dragon Age 2 where the game looks crappy but melts video cards. The engine is very well made and it can run on a ton of hardware.

Price wise, I agree $60 for any game is ridiculous, and as Gabe Newell once said its silly how much % increase in purchases a game gets each time you cut $10 off the price tag. But thats genre wide, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, etc all cost $60.

guzami77

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
"The texture streaming is limited by the performance and number of cores of the main processor (CPU)."

Ha! Heres to hoping a 990x is good for something in the gaming world~

[citation][nom]izmanq[/nom]er, i thought 486 got FPU built in the chip :|[/citation]
the 486dx did, the 486sx didnt. same with 386dx and sx, although the sx could have a separate co-processor installed with the right motherboard. Quake couldnt be run properly without a pentium anyhow.

G

Bad drivers? I'd like to see what type of hardware id Software used to beta test this game internally.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
The problem is that they can't stop blaming people and simply find a fix. I was so looking forward to this game, but issues as this is a simple deal-breaker for me. I'm probably not getting it anymore.

brotoles

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
[citation][nom]t_wilson[/nom]So in reality, this is a poor optimization issue on the PC version. If the video drivers are to blame, why isn't everyone experiencing the problems? Perhaps there are magical drivers in the hands of some PC users. During the development process, was id Software testing the game with video drivers that have yet to be created by Nvidia and AMD?[/citation]

Exactly! How come they don't test those games on actual PC's before releasing? :)
Are the drivers they use different from the ones we use?

Of course the drivers have their share on the issue (they will be optimized), but blaming the drivers is ridiculous since they had to test the game under those same drivers when they were developing the game...

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
[citation][nom]hiyoson[/nom]What there are people not playing the BF3 beta... why even log on a computer.[/citation]
Why Waste Time playing a limited and glitchy beta with only a few maps for more than a few hours?
I dont have rage but bf3 beta got old fast.
[citation][nom]t_wilson[/nom]So in reality, this is a poor optimization issue on the PC version. If the video drivers are to blame, why isn't everyone experiencing the problems? Perhaps there are magical drivers in the hands of some PC users. During the development process, was id Software testing the game with video drivers that have yet to be created by Nvidia and AMD?[/citation]
UM... not everybody is pushing the computer at max settings, i assume most of the issues are related to higher end graphics levels that isnt being handled well due to graphics and cpu issues.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]crap gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ever! now is the problem nvidia and ati... LOLLLLLLLLL!!!i never want play this game... I WANT DIABLO 3! BLIZZARD RLZ![/citation]
Nobel in Trolling achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.