Bethesda Dates QuakeCon 2013 August 1 to 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
What games are they using for the BYOC LAN PARTY? Is it by LAN or by internet or do they do that anymore. I love LAN parties. Internet parties aren't fun if I can't diss my friend in same room just before I kill him :p

rozz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
personally, quakecon is a kiddy daycare (and nightcare) for a ton of immature preteens who are annoying not just in games, but also running around hyped up on Bawls and MtDew, screaming and yelling and starting "WHOOOP!" cries.

Now i'm a serious gamer and i dont mind having fun. laughing, etc, but when fun turns to annoyance, it kinda ruins the gaming experience. This is why I love 21+ LAN parties. Drinks can be involved and the gaming is more laid back and relaxing without these annoying kiddies.

rozz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
[citation][nom]chicofehr[/nom]What games are they using for the BYOC LAN PARTY? Is it by LAN or by internet or do they do that anymore. I love LAN parties. Internet parties aren't fun if I can't diss my friend in same room just before I kill him[/citation]

To answer your questions they play all games. They do have pretty good internet there, but dont expect to be downloading games very fast - speeds are usually throttled to about .5Mb/s, but you get good pings in games so be sure to download all your games before you get there.

Also - if you are going to go - be sure to reserve your seat (cost usually $30). they actually ran out of room last time and well - a lot of people that didnt reserved never got a seat. And be sure to get there early :)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]rozz[/nom]personally, quakecon is a kiddy daycare (and nightcare) for a ton of immature preteens who are annoying not just in games, but also running around hyped up on Bawls and MtDew, screaming and yelling and starting "WHOOOP!" cries. Now i'm a serious gamer and i dont mind having fun. laughing, etc, but when fun turns to annoyance, it kinda ruins the gaming experience. This is why I love 21+ LAN parties. Drinks can be involved and the gaming is more laid back and relaxing without these annoying kiddies.[/citation]
Nah. A jerk at 17 is usually still a jerk at 29. A mature intelligent 17 year old is usually a mature intelligent 29 year old.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]werner123[/nom]Can't wait for Doom 4[/citation]
Would be interesting to see Doom 4...
I believe the doom franchise it is one of the few remaining horror survival games remaining that hasn't completely moved to an action based shooter.

But honestly, I'm more pumped to hopefully hear about Fallout 4 - afterall Three Dog hinted at something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.