[SOLVED] Better GPU Connectivity Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
So I may be completely wrong here, but it seems like hooking up two gpus and getting near 2x performance shouldn't be too hard. As I understand it, Crossfire and SLI can cause lots of problems with marginal benefits. Furthermore, why do games even need to support dual gpus in the first place? I mean lets say I have 2 2080tis. I want to run them together in order to get a billion fps in Minecraft for whatever reason. Lets say Minecraft doesn't have support for 2 gpus. Why can't the motherboard just have a hard wired connection between two pciex16 slots? Not just were they can communicate but where there are enough connections between them that they can act as PCB. There would be latency problems with this, but you'd think it wouldn't be too bad. Then the gpus would be registered as one super 2080ti and the games code for a regular 2080ti would suffice. Why don't motherboard manufacturers do this? I mean sure each you has different PCBs but all their pins on the pcie connector have to be arranged the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.