Question Better headphones than the hyperxcloud 2?

Jun 10, 2019
Greetings,

As the title says I'm looking for a new pair of headphones that are noticeably better than the HyperX Cloud II. I've had these for a long time, but they recently broke.
I know the headphones are really good, but I'm looking for ones that have better quality sound.

Regards.

That puts my second suggestion of Plantronics Back Beat Pros out of range, then.

If you are in the States, you might try Fry's Electronics. The last time I was there, they had a "try them before you buy them" kiosk for headphones. Most high-end stereo shops have similar arrangements, from what I have seen.

Outside of the States, you might have some luck with specialty audio shops that do the same thing with their line of headphones.

D

Deleted member 14196

the ATH M50X are very good quality, but horrible ear pads make them uncomfortable for long periods of use for me. And any product can get bad reviews from bitter customers for whatever reason, overall, they are rated 4.5 stars so that is really good.

I prefer the CB-1 to the M50X any day. I just perused through the Amazon reviews, not many bad reviews there at all, rated 4.5 stars overall. Good luck. That;s all I have to say about it.

D

Deleted member 217926

The Bose QC35 shouldn't ever be recommended for sound quality. As an active noise cancellation set it's top 3. For sound quality based on price it's bottom 10%. The M50X is another one that gets over recommended by, I suspect, people who bought it because they heard it was good so they think it is. It's not. It's actually terrible for pleasure listening. The M40X is MUCH better but it's more on ear and less comfortable. The CB1 is a great $50 headphone but it's a $50 headphone.

Sennheiser HD599 or even better the Massdrop ( now Drop, they changed the name last month :rolleyes: ) x Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee. Massdrop ( I refuse to call them Drop ) has a long history of collaborating with some of the best names in audio and making them available for a bargain price. They just introduced an EU warehouse and now have products available priced with the added VAT and they don't have to ship from the US.

4.8/5 stars out of 1200 reviews on an AUDIOPHILE site. That says something.

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-hd-58x-jubilee-headphones-eu

The 599 has superior soundstage and imaging for gaming. The 599 also sounds very good for music. The HD58X is superior for music and still capable for gaming.

D

Deleted member 14196

i would like a set of the HD 598 Cs closed back for myself. Just to add to my tiny collection a set of really good cans. i can't do open back. people get disturbed when I amp it up

I do love the AKG 702 that I have