Question Better operating system than 64 bit?

Praneeta

BANNED
May 28, 2019
I want to ask one general question here, We have seen 32 bit and 64 bit Operating System.
Is there any other larger size bit Operating System exist? If yes can you please share the link to download it.? i want the best speed operating system.

Thanks In advance

I want to ask one general question here, We have seen 32 bit and 64 bit Operating System.
Is there any other larger size bit Operating System exist? If yes can you please share the link to download it.? i want the best speed operating system.

As said above, there's no performance difference (everything else being equal, that is) between a 32bit OS and a 64bit one.

There is more potential for a 64bit OS to address more memory and have more precise calculations for certain integer operations when supported by the CPU (modern uArchs don't use 1:1 register to int bit width IIRC). Particularly, AMD has stuck with a 48bit register width and Intel may be the same (this is from memory, but can't confirm now) and in a 64bit OS you have the full 2^64 bits of addressable memory thanks to virtual addressing. There's a whole world of its own when talking about how OSes manage the memory in the system vs reality.

So in short, by that token, a high "bit" system has more potential to be "faster", but under the same circumstances, they're more or less equal. They also need that "support" from the CPU, so they're capable to actually use bigger ints and whatnot.

And, last thing to mention, you need software to be 64 bits as well. The OS can expose all the memory above 4GB (2^32 bits) for software, but if they're compiled for 32bits, they won't use more than 3GB (in Windows without the flag), even in a 64bit OS.

Cheers!