Beyond budget GPU

adrenox

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
Hi guys,

I know this is probably an odd request but i need some help finding a beyond budget gpu. By that i mean i just want it to be able to play games on basic settings not even in 1080p! Im building it for my girlfriends place and will only use it occasionally for games. Tbh streaming in 720 is going to be the main purpose of this build.

Cheers for the time guys

Edit: i should also mention im looking at a mini itx build so space is a premium

Solution
Are you wanting to build a computer? You're currently using a laptop but you want a desktop GPU, so I just want to clarify if you already have a system that only needs a GPU or what your situation is looking like. If you only need a GPU and you want to save cash, definitely follow Big Pink's idea of buying used. Depending on your system, what kind of PSU you have, etc., you should be able to pick up a cheap 560(ti)*, 660(ti)*, 750(ti)*, 950, r7 270, etc.

Used gives you many options and you can find all sorts of different price ranges. It all depends on the motivation of the seller.

*These GPUs have ti and non-ti options.

adrenox

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013

Im currently gaming from an AMD A8 with built in r5 graphics laptop at her house and it is not too bad. Is their anything cheaper then the 750ti that could handle the job? Gtx750 was on my list for potential gpus so i now youve got the right ideas.

breek

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Are you wanting to build a computer? You're currently using a laptop but you want a desktop GPU, so I just want to clarify if you already have a system that only needs a GPU or what your situation is looking like. If you only need a GPU and you want to save cash, definitely follow Big Pink's idea of buying used. Depending on your system, what kind of PSU you have, etc., you should be able to pick up a cheap 560(ti)*, 660(ti)*, 750(ti)*, 950, r7 270, etc.

Used gives you many options and you can find all sorts of different price ranges. It all depends on the motivation of the seller.

*These GPUs have ti and non-ti options.

Solution