BF1 online stutter - happens in some other games (similar stutter)

Ushyru

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
Hello there, I have built my system back in february which includes i7 8700k, 16gb ram and GTX 1060 3GB. Occasionally I get random spikes / stutters while playing BF1 online.

Solutions I have tried:

-Fully updated graphics drivers (rolled back to december version too - didnt help)

-Uninstalled geforce experience/shadowplay (cleaned with DDU and installed driver only - didnt help)

-Set game to high priority in task manager (or above normal - didnt help)

-No heavy background processes are running (CPU sits around 60% when playing, memory around 60-70%) (also disabled nearly all processes in the background including gamebar presence writer which still appears in task manager even if you have XBOX gamebar disabled. - didnt help)

-Playing on DX11 / DX12 - didnt help

-Turned off GPU limiter in settings (ON or OFF makes no difference with the stutters to me)

-Reverted all overclocks (CPU,RAM) back to stock including disabling XMP on RAM and running it on 2400MHz

-Set different quality options

Stats:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: i7 8700k OCd to 4,6GHz stable
Memory: HyperX 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Predator Series

Card name: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB FTW GAMING ACX 3.0

Video example of my stutters: https://youtu.be/uLCtcYiKjMU <--- Start watching at 1:48 to see most of them in a row

I noticed similar stutter in Fortnite but on the other hand I can play Overwatch for entire day without single stutter like this.

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
Try an app called RAMMap run it before you start the game, use it to clear any reserved/tied up memory in the table. that might help. Failing that have you tried a fresh install of the game?

It sounds like a coding/stability issue not a hardware/settings issue on your rig. Hundreds of others are suffering too the same problems and have been intermittently for months.