Bf3 stuck on Initializing

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
okay so I bought Bf3 a few months ago and i could never get it to work on my pc.

I have tried repairing the install, fresh install, updated drivers, updated Bf3, different browsers, and nothing seems to work.

i went on youtube and they were talking about modifying the registry, I did that too, it didn't work for me.

Can someone please help me?

BTW I'm using Origin

My system

AMD Phenom 980 @ 4.2 Ghz

Gtx 670

OCZ 700 watt PSU

WIndows 7 64 bit, 8 gb ddr3 ram

sunnyhj

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Don't start game with origin..let the game start the origin. Try this..it might help.
1)Don't start Origin.

2) Go to ur browser and login to battlelog. "http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/gate/"

3) choose a server which u want to play and join it.

4) Browser will start origin in order to start the game, it will automatically login u.

I had initializing problem a few times while joining a server..killing the origin and let the browser start it again solved it every single time..

It might help u too i think.

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

unfortunately this didn't work, Is there anyway you can use team viewer and go on my PC and help me out?

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Oh he re-installed origin and I think thats what did it,although i did that before It didn't do any thing.

tropiclightening

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

For those of you who started having issues after windows and origin updates near 9/12:
Try this.

Start/run/msconfig
Click on boot tab
Click on advanced options
Uncheck box next to use processors (this allows the computer to decide how many cores of your processor to use)
Click ok until your back to your desktop.
Restart and retry the game.
One of the updates set our computer to use only one of our 8 available processor cores which stalled the game (and windows and email and, etc...) we unchecked the box, all 8 cores began being used and voile! Game is working again.

Luck
Tropic :D