BF3, weapons disappear

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Game Battlefield 3 for the PC, multiplayer.

As i play, more than often than not, after about 5 minutes my weapons disappear. They do not come back after respawn. Soon after the game crashes to desktop.

My temps are withing normal loaded temps. CPU cores max out at 63C(145F), GPU maxes out at 75C(167F).

Speedtest and other sights show no packet loss, very little jitter, 20M dl, 4-6M up.

Anyone have or heard of this issue?

See sig for specs:

Edit: corrected GPU temps. I entered the wrong temps.

right click on the games icon in origin and repair the install. it will just check the files and repair any that are broken.
also if you get the bug where your hands are gone as well then press 1 or 2 on the keyboard this will cause the game to stutter but your weapon should appear but with a slight jerk on the gfx. most times a pistol. hit weapon swap again and the correct weapon will appear at normal speed.
problem is that this was a known bug at release and was fixed. so my guess is your files need updating.

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Everything on my screen goes away. Even upon respawn there is only an empty graphics box where my load options should be. I updated just a couple of days ago. Any specific files for update?

thanks, most info i've found yet.

its possible but kasper has a game mode if i remember correctly where it shouldnt interfear with your game. as long as it set up correctly...
you could try disabling it (just turn windows firewall back on for testing) if the textures come back then it may well be kasper is blocking some portion of the game.